Associate, State & Local Tax, Income Franchise (Asset Management)
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring. At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
KPMG is currently seeking an Experienced Associate, SALT Income Franchise (Asset Management) to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice.
- Participate in multi-state alternative investment firms such as: hedge fund, fund to funds, private equity, real estate, with state and local tax issues including compliance, advising, planning, and tax controversy
- Take part in multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and appeal meetings, and preparing protests
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team helping to provide subject matter/alternative investment industry knowledge and experience
- Review information presented on state income tax returns before, during and after preparation
- Research and draft technical memoranda regarding income, franchise, and sales and use tax questions
- Minimum two years of recent experience performing tax research and preparing state income tax returns for pass-through and corporate entities, performing tax research, providing technical advice on multi-state tax issues
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university with requisite hours to pursue CPA certification, CPA; Master's in Taxation (MST), or JD/LLM
- Experience providing services to pass-through entities; solid knowledge of relevant state tax concepts
- Ability to foster relationships both internally as well as with clients
- Capability and desire to perform in a high-energy team environment
- Excellent writing, compliance, communication, and tax research skills