Sr. Associate Engineer - Security Data Pipeline - Remote
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate Engineer, Security Data Pipeline to join our Digital Nexus Technology organization. This is a remote work opportunity.
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines for collecting, processing, and analyzing security-related data from various sources; apply best practices for data integrity, reliability, and scalability in the security data pipeline
- Integrate diverse security data sources, including logs, events, and alerts, into the data pipeline; collaborate with cybersecurity teams to understand data requirements and ensure the pipeline meets the needs of the organization
- Implement data transformation and enrichment processes to enhance the quality and context of security data; work closely with security analysts to understand data enrichment requirements for effective threat analysis
- Enact monitoring mechanisms to track the performance and efficiency of the security data pipeline; optimize the pipeline continuously to accommodate increasing data volumes and evolving security requirements; collaborate with end-users to ensure data collected is data desired and parsed accordingly to minimize unnecessary license cost
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of the security data pipeline architecture, configurations, and processes; generate regular reports on the performance of the pipeline, data quality, and incidents detected
- Ensure that the security data pipeline complies with relevant security standards, regulations, and industry best practices; collaborate with compliance teams to implement necessary controls and reporting mechanisms
- Minimum three years of recent experience in data pipeline development with a focus on security data; minimum three years of recent experience using Cribl to collect, reduce, enrich, normalize and route data
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, information security, or a related field is preferred; relevant certifications in cybersecurity or data engineering is preferred
- Strong programming and scripting skills (for example, Python and SQL) for data processing and automation
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark, for large-scale data processing; experience with agent-based data collection, cloud to cloud, syslog (unstructured data), and REST API
- Familiarity with the following: cloud platforms and services like AWS, Azure, and GCP; Azure infrastructure, Log Analytics, Sentinel, and Event Hub; Datadog (or similar) integrations using agent deployments, API, and syslog collection
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).