Director, State and Local - Indiana
Historically, the travel requirement for this position has ranged from 80-100%. The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities, and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts. For now, all KPMG business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only. At some point in the future and with the safety of people as the critical factor, the travel requirement will likely increase, possibly to previous levels, but KPMG is committed to balancing client requirements with new delivery capabilities.
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director in Customer & Operations for our Consulting practice.
- Drive growth for the local state account, by developing strong working relationships with key agency executives, as well as leveraging local partner relationships
- Develop and mentor the local account team of associates, senior associates and managers to ensure strong career development and growth; act as an exemplar of core values with deep understanding of the importance of team culture will be important
- Grow and maintain relationships with Senior Leaders, Agency heads, procurement leads, Senior Management at state/local government agencies; position self and the firm for opportunities to generate new business coupled with managing/delivering large teams focused on complex public sector/state/local government engagements that identify, design and implement creative business and technology services for state/local government clients
- Lead a portfolio of projects, with a focus on stakeholder management, project/program management, as well as perform quality assurance and project oversight
- Oversee all workstream leads and set clear expectations and project outcomes; monitor and track progress and identify risks and challenges in a timely manner; develop and lead the strategic approach and direction of new projects, using technology enabling tools and products while driving active involvement and visibility of the KPMG brand in local community impact areas, as well as important board and NFP arenas
- Manage contract compliance and associated processes related to sub-contractors, state-wide contract vehicles and procurement while establishing standards by which deliverables including RFP and RFI development will be measured; understand the process used to create the deliverables, review deliverables against established standards and identify gaps and root causes along with managing all aspects of operational needs related to the Indiana account, with a focus on financial performance, engagement performance, account planning and coordination, pursuit playbooks, etc.
- Minimum ten years of recent experience working within Indiana state government or serving on major system implementations or oversight; health and human services areas are a plus
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university preferably in human services, management information systems, computer science, or public policy and administration
- Proven experience with technology implementations, application development, or system evaluations; solid experience with agile and waterfall approaches is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to identify business opportunities, lead project engagements, attract new business and build lasting professional relationships with senior client executives; proven success meeting and exceeding multi-million-dollar business development and managing revenue targets along with applied experience related to enterprise architecture and service-oriented architecture
- Travel will be limited, as primary focus is on Indianapolis and state agencies
- Applicant must be resident in the Indianapolis region
- Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).