Manager, Federal Healthcare Policy
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our Federal Advisory practice.
- Manages and oversees the entirety of the project life cycle including resource allocation, project management day-to-day activities such as progress check-ins, project schedules, project close out and overall operational project management to ensure that activities are aligned to operational and strategic objectives
- Manages a variety of client engagement activities including day-to-day interactions, facilitating discussions, and generating consensus on approach and expectations
- Clearly and concisely communicates complex analysis and policy findings orally and in writing
- Translates complex health policies into actionable educational materials, tailored to diverse industry stakeholders
- Use health policy expertise and client knowledge to shape work portfolios with client and set strategic direction for team
- Leads cross-functional teams in conducting research and policy analyses that generate forward-looking, actionable insights to improve healthcare program implementation
- Proactively coaches and teaches others; form positive relationships with colleagues and clients including motivating and generating enthusiasm with individuals across all levels of an organization
- A minimum of five years of Healthcare Management Consulting experience; U.S. Federal government consulting experience preferred
- Bachelor's from an accredited college/university; Master's degree preferred
- Experience shaping and leading execution of discrete portfolio of work, including strategic agenda setting, project planning, budgeting, staffing and project management
- Proven expertise in federal healthcare programs and operations, including Medicaid, Medicare, and/or Marketplace; strong understanding of related healthcare industry stakeholders; demonstrated ability to leverage health policy and industry knowledge to anticipate the impact that emerging health industry trends may have on federal programs
- Extensive knowledge and working experience in federal and state healthcare policy and programs, including regulatory tracking and analysis, healthcare industry and health policy topics for lay audiences, and serving as internal and/or external expert
- Exceptional presentation, writing, and analytical skills including the ability to write strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Ability to travel as required to support firm engagements
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time, which requires U.S. Citizenship
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).