Executive Director, Accounting, Financial Reporting & Consolidations
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Executive Director, Accounting, Financial Reporting and Consolidations to join our CFO organization.
- Work with a team of professionals to ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and integrity of accounting and financial reporting processes by providing thoughtful guidance to the leadership team and stakeholders relative to historical and forward looking financial and operational results for KPMG
- Act as the CFO organization's subject matter expert on finance and accounting standards staying current on both internal business changes as well as developments in partnership and GAAP accounting and impact of those changes on financial results, policies, and controls; operate in a transformation mindset that results in continuous improvement in the efficiency, effectiveness, and talent across all aspects of the target operating model, systems, processes, and policies currently in place
- Lead an Accounting Operations staff comprised of general and sub-ledger processes (AR, AP, T&E, and Payroll) as well as ownership of the full cycle month-end and year-end close process including GL Accounting, reconciliations, monthly journal entries, supporting schedules (accruals, depreciation, amortization) associated with the compilation of consolidated financial results
- Complete reports for the Board, Management Committee, KPMG Partners, as well as regulatory, government and external agencies including the PCOAB for both external reporting and internal management reporting according to aggressive timeliness objectives
- Identify and implement recommendations to transform existing accounting and financial reporting processes and standards; assist with other operational aspects the CFO organization including internal control support, and planning and implementation of major system enhancements, implementations
- Monitor and understand current changes in accounting standards (GAAP); communicate impact to management and manage the technical implementation of significant guidance to ensure compliance with reporting requirements and standards
- Minimum fifteen years of recent experience in public accounting or industry with responsibility for controller activities, financial reporting, consolidations, and analysis required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Finance or Accounting and CPA required
- Strong digital acumen as it relates to accounting and financial reporting processes, technologies, and automation; SAP S4/HANA experience preferred; robust technical accounting skills, including knowledge of GAAP with ability to grasp concepts of intermediate to high levels of complexity
- Excellent interpersonal acumen and executive presence including written, verbal and presentation skills; able to explain complex accounting principles and financial results to senior leadership
- Exceptional critical thinking skills with the capability to break down complex problems to determine root cause issues and troubleshoot and develop systemic solutions
- Solid experience developing, leading, and developing high performing global teams and cross-functional efforts; ability to identify and develop skill sets to support the future needs of the CFO organization
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).