Director, Public Affairs
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director, Public Affairs to join our Corporate Affairs organization.
- Lead public affairs campaigns with strong attention to execution, quality, detail, and timeliness in support of public policy positions at the local, state, and federal levels
- Build and support relationships with third parties such as external trade and industry associations, NGOs, public policy experts, thought leaders, and other stakeholders
- Engage in strategy development and execution of peer exchanges, media partnerships, events, and industry engagement
- Minimum ten years of recent experience working in Public Affairs or public policy; industry knowledge and communications experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required
- Possess a data-driven approach to public affairs communications planning and strategy; demonstrated experience in third party engagement & event strategy / execution
- Proven technical aptitude and critical thinking; knowledge of MS Office and digital and social media channels; exceptional writing and project management skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to thrive, multi-task, and be flexible in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Proven track record as a collaborator and self-starter who exercises discretion and independent judgment
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).