V.P. Commissions: Business Owner Conversions
Are you interested in being part of a team that is focused on supporting our companies growth? Are you passionate about serving clients, adding value, working client conversions, and collaborating across departments? Are you solution-oriented and passionate about delivering results? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Vice President of Client Compensation Conversions is a full time position reporting to the Senior Vice President of Client Compensation this position has day-to-day leadership level responsibility for a multifaceted service team organization delivering daily transactional support to over 20,000 industry personnel working inside financial institutions and independent financial planning and wealth management offices. Additionally this role is responsible for commission’s remediation and root cause analysis. The Senior Leader must develop a highly motivated and scalable organization, focused on delivering an industry leading client experience and remediating current issues. Outcomes achieved should fall into the categories of LPL’s strategic goals.
- Day-to-day indirect leadership level responsibility across the organization delivering conversion support to the incremental industry personnel working inside financial institutions and independent financial planning and wealth management offices.
- Responsible for commission’s remediation and root cause analysis.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance.
- Develop a highly motivated and scalable organization, focused on delivering an industry leading client experience and remediating current issues. Outcomes achieved should fall into the categories of LPL’s strategic goals.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 10+ years of experience with a strong emphasis on client interaction roles/models.
- B/D experience, preferably in commissions
- Project experience, specifically leading and owning workstreams and driving their success. Preferably client conversions.
- C-Suite level presentation experience required. Must be comfortable leading and presenting in front of large groups of clients and staff.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with senior and executive leaders other key stakeholders.
- Should have demonstrated experience in human capital capacity and budget management
- Licenses/Certification Required: Series 99
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver customer-centric solutions when presented with issues or challenges
- Innovative and have an “outside of the box” thinking when with a pro-active approach to solving and preventing problems
- Accountable leader and a self-starter who operates highly with minimal directions for day to day management oversight
- Able to lead multiple teams and leverages KPIs to hold them accountable for delivering acceptable service standards consistently
- Fosters diversity of thoughts, seeking input from different background and experiences
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Interface effectively with all levels of management and the ability to positively influence outcomes, particularly in difficult matters
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong managerial and coaching skills with a goal of developing future accountable leaders for the Service organization
- Championing new ideas and initiatives. Creating an environment supporting innovation and diversity of thought
- Overseeing LPL client service delivery across the full range of contact channels—phone, email, social media, chat, and more.
- Driving enterprise-wide collaboration on how to deliver greatest value to clients. Liaising with business leaders, colleagues and clients to deliver service satisfaction and loyalty.
- Development of key performance measures. Leveraging a strong management routine to drive optimal performance and continuous improvement.
- Construction of a high performing organization. Attracting, developing and retaining talented leaders capable of selecting and cultivating strong front line performers, as well as partnering effectively with other leaders
- Bachelor degree
- Series 7, 24, 63 and 65 (66)
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.