MGR, Operations, Client Compensation
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in supporting others as they grow their business? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
As a Manager within the Client Compensation organization, you will lead a team of 10-12 people who support our Advisors and their staff through phone calls, emails and CRM. The team’s core functions include processing of fees and expenses, entering general and standard adjustments, as well as processing files from sponsors and carriers. You will be responsible for motivating your team in a manner consistent with LPL Financials’ values. No matter the situation, your team’s duty remains the same: Providing our Advisors with timely, correct, and relevant information, when and where they need it so that in turn, they can help their clients achieve their own financial dreams. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for coaching, facilitation, and addressing challenging interpersonal dynamics, this would be a rewarding career for you.
- Constructing and maintaining goals pertinent to the development of each individual’s career path.
- Prioritizing one-on-one meetings and providing thorough, real-time coaching sessions with staff.
- Mentoring and coaching team members to align with leadership's vision while developing their skills and careers.
- Overseeing comprehensive training and coaching plans to continuously improve knowledge shares across different team members, teams, and departments.
- Sharing trends and pain points while with leadership and business partners in order to find solutions and pursue process improvements within the scope of the team and across departments.
- Providing strategic insight and direction for evolving the commission payout and billing of fees and expenses for advisors.
- Owning and supervising firm-wide, multi-department projects to build or enhance experience workflows related to the team and department.
- Inspiring and leading initiatives that enhance the Advisor experience and positively impact the broader LPL organization
- Actively participating, supporting, and driving departmental and firm-wide projects.
- Working closely in a POD structure with internal and external business partners to elevate and deliver greater value to advisors.
- Assisting with operations recovery efforts through coordination of resources in order to resolve issues with aged requests, escalated issues, and other complex activities that degrade the advisor experience.
- Liaising with internal partners to ensure promotion of Client Compensation projects and initiatives.
- Proactively reviewing audit controls to ensure the team mitigates risk, removes redundant requirements, and increases transparency with internal and external audit partners.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Series 99 required
- 5+ years leading and developing others
- Microsoft Power Point, Excel, and Word required
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and challenge your team to tackle the opportunities for improvement
- Discover and craft a development plan filled with tasks and deliverables that align with the employees growth strategy
- Comfort with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, growth-oriented and dynamic environment
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Foster a culture of engagement, diversity and inclusion
- A positive can-do attitude; willing to "get in the weeds" with employees
- Utilize the principles of continuous process improvement to streamline and enhance the organization
- Constantly working on developing team members for succession planning.
- Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.