Digital Marketing Consultant
Are you passionate, creative, and analytical about optimizing campaign results to drive sales? Have you
also consulted with clients? Would you like to help people improve their financial wellbeing and build
wealth for their future while growing financial advisors' businesses? Do you have 2 or more years of
digital marketing experience? Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and
not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000
financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms
nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that
Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence
means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and
technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to
manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our
advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The LPL Financial Marketing Solutions department is seeking a digital marketing consultant with high
proficiency in all facets of digital marketing. In this position, you will be the virtual chief marketing
officer and the main point of contact for the LPL financial advisors you’ll be supporting. You will combine
your knowledge of the web, blogging, email campaigns, and social media publishing with your business
acumen to make digital marketing a part of several advisors’ practices. You will execute a digital
marketing strategy for LPL advisors using email, social media, SEO, lead generation, digital advertising,
websites, and more. This position reports to a Marketing Manager.
- Support LPL advisors via phone and email
- Curate and implement digital marketing editorial calendars for each advisor's blog, e-newsletter, email campaigns, digital ads, and social media platforms month-over-month to align with the advisor overarching goals
- Generate an evaluation to consistently maintain each advisor’s website and blog to enhance as needed
- Implement lead generation, niche prospecting processes, and workflow for implementations to each advisor and their practice to drive business growth for both LPL Financial and the advisors
- Establish and measure ROI and KPIs such as email CTR, social media engagement, and website traffic
- Learn and produce each advisor’s marketing plan based on advisor preferences
- Schedule and host regular weekly or bi-weekly discussions with the advisors
- Collaborate with the advisor’s office staff to ensure cohesive messaging and communications
- Collaborate with compliance to ensure the content, brand, and messaging are approved
- Conduct market research and share discoveries with each advisor
- Work as a liaison to digital vendors
- Work with LPL's current tools to integrate them into the overarching plan
- Provide feedback and program enhancements from the advisors
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for
people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to
execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 2+ years of experience in marketing and digital marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or an additional 2+ years of marketing experience
- Good understanding of digital marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, and Hubspot
- Financial services experience a plus, not required
- Solid understanding of e-commerce, PPC, SEO & SEM
- Solid knowledge of CRM, inbound marketing tools, and web management
- Working knowledge of web design principles, best practices, and content management platforms
- Ability to develop and execute sales and marketing strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.