Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
The Manager of Business Transitions will lead a team of Transition Support Partners and/or Repapering Specialist and be responsible for the strategic direction and execution of all items associated with internal processes for Financial Advisors. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with LPL Financial functions, process and service.
In addition to direct people leadership and providing a world-class client experience, this role includes ownership of strategic project initiatives. The candidate will also possess the ability to work with internal business partners as a high functioning participant or lead on initiatives as a key stakeholder. The candidate will need to drive efficiencies and procedural changes through strategic planning, communication and executing on the goals and initiatives of the department. This position will also require the ability to meet clients in person, participate in Home Office Visits and deliver on expected metrics. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt quickly and easily to change.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and lead team members through positive influence, action and accountability for their assigned work.
• The candidate must be able to communicate concise and clear expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and organized fashion.
•Ability to effectively lead staff through change management and execute on new procedures.
• Key escalation point for staff, peer leaders and business partners to quickly identify and handle issues with limited direction from BTP leadership.
• Ability to interact with senior leadership including SVP and EVP levels with minimal oversight from VP or AVP.
• Supports the discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resourcing, tools and technology required to successfully complete specific project goals and objectives. Define scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with advisors, senior management, and other applicable stakeholders.
• Estimate resources, participants and timelines needed to achieve department goals and determine need for additional staffing resources. Assist BTP leadership in project assignment and actively work with business partners to forecast future volumes to ensure adequate department coverage.
• Partner with other business units to provide perspective and to support onboarding and assimilation of new Advisors into the firm, as well as maintain productive relationships in order to facilitate cross-organizational communications, coordination and transparency.
• The Manager will have direct reports on the team that could include up to 4 levels (Repapering Specialist, Associate Transition Support Partner, Transition Support Partner, Sr. Transition Support Partner), and will address staff concerns, give and receive feedback, and support ongoing training and development.
• Manager is responsible for Employee Engagement activities and accountable for direct team engagement levels.
• Proactively engage in the recruiting process by working closely with Business Development to ensure clear communication of commitments and set expectations. Stay abreast of expected recruiting volumes to help ensure adequate Project Management coverage within the department.
• Develop and track metrics to help department leadership understand volumes, average project duration, advisor support and scorecards.
• Serve as the subject matter expert by participating in Home Office Visits with prospects, providing onsite support as needed (to support advisors and observe staff in real-time), and providing consultation around processes and best practices.
• Ability to confidently present in front of medium size groups.
3-5 years in transitions/people management
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.