Service Consultant, Annuities
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Annuity Service Consultant supports our Financial Advisors, their assistants and internal business partners in the purchase of annuities via the Annuity Order Entry platform. They must understand the annuity platform, internal LPL operational and service platforms, annuity product features and risks. Service Consultants are a primary point of contact for training, escalations, defect resolution, product, and platform maintenance, and communicate with carrier and vendor contacts. As well as assist management team with goal setting, project work, daily workflow, procedures and communicating procedural changes as they relate to the Annuity Order Entry process.
- Assist with inbound calls
- Own escalations in order to resolve and close all loops
- Manage testing and onboarding of new products, product updates and platform updates by partnering with carriers, vendor and internal teams as well as providing reporting and communications to all involved.
- Assist with leading and designing internal and external training and training content
- Provide coaching and Subject Matter Expert support
- Maintain high-level knowledge of LPL processes and system platforms as they relate to Annuity purchases, corrections, and operations.
- Provide feedback regarding process improvement
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 3-5 years in a customer or client facing position
- 2-5 years’ experience in data analytics and reporting
- Ability to gather reports and conduct presentations
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills; PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams
- Understanding of escalation procedures and protocols across Annuity Support Teams
- Ability to self-manage individual workload with projects and lead team members through onboarding and technical updates
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Maintaining a high level of attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- SIE Series 7 license preferred
- Understanding of annuity trading platforms
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.