Business Development Associate
Do you enjoy prospecting and sales? Want to learn and grow at the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer? Are you self-motivated and passionate about selling high quality products & services?
If so, the Business Development Associate role could be for you!
As the Business Development Associate (BDA), you will be responsible for driving Financial Advisor lead flow to LPL’s Advisor Recruiting team in order to increase sales. This will be done through prospecting, lead qualification, and effective reporting. Primary prospecting efforts will be phone based (cold-calling) with supplemental efforts using digital means (email campaigns and social media).
New to sales? All of our BDAs participate in a four week training focused on helping you understand LPL’s value proposition, general policies, competitive landscape, the financial services industry and the benefits of joining one of LPL’s affiliation options. Additionally, LPL understands that a key contributor to your success in this role is investing in your knowledge of the industry. As part of this role you will be sponsored for FINRA license Series 7 and Series 66, LPL covers the costs for certifications.
If you want to learn and grow with us, this is the role for you. We have a robust career path where successful BDAs promote into Internal Regional Director (IRD) roles and from there have the opportunity to promote into our Regional Director (RD) roles.
What will you do as a BDA?
- Prospect financial advisors to gauge/create interest in meeting with a LPL recruiter
- Use the news cycle, territory makeup and direction of the recruiters/leaders to execute on weekly prospecting campaigns
- Use independent judgement to qualify a lead, determining if the lead should be introduced to the pipeline by presenting to the Internal Regional Director or field Regional Director
- 100 outreaches per day – cold calls (primary), individual emails and social media outreaches (LinkedIn)
- Utilize Salesforce.com to track individual KPIs and understand the impact of lead flow on territory funnel and results
- Develop skillset, knowledge base and industry experience in order to qualify for next level opportunity as an Internal Regional Director.
What are we looking for?
We want high-energy, strong collaborators who can deliver a world class, sales experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences and/or education is required?
- 1-2 years in a sales role; financial services experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related areas preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with leadership, field recruiting professionals, and internal recruiters
- Highly motivated and resilient by achieving sales targets consistently
- Ability to quickly build rapport, primarily via phone based communication
- Comfortable with some travel, two times per year for training
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Salesforce, MS Outlook
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. This position is also eligible to earn sales incentive compensation. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.