Financial Advisor - BCU
Your career path should lead to real opportunity
LPL Financial partners with credit unions to offer a complete menu of financial services to credit union clients. This employment opportunity at BCU in Irvine, CA would allow you to join the Investment Program at BCU as a Financial Advisor associated with LPL Financial. Under this model Financial Advisors are not employees of LPL Financial.
The Investment Program at BCU supports the local community with a complete menu of financial services. You will join a team that is dedicated to helping members in every stage of their financial life.
This role will provide exceptional investment advisory and financial planning services to clients and advise them on all aspects of their investment and wealth management portfolios as well as oversee the execution of associated administrative duties (e.g., account paperwork, placing trades, etc.).
Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct annual (or as our service level agreement warrants) client portfolio reviews.
- Oversee account applications, place trades and review all client account activity that is facilitated by support staff, coordinating with Client Service Associates to ensure service needs are being met for clients.
- Respond to inquiries from current and prospective clients. Engage in active listening to determine client objectives and identify possible solutions.
- Maintain complete and accurate client account records as required by applicable regulations and the firm’s policy standards.
- Create and maintain comprehensive financial plans, with periodic collaboration and support of current Planner Specialists on staff.
- Leverage technology systems for prospecting and maintaining client relationship management.
As an advisor associated with LPL Financial, you benefit from our commitment to take care of you so you can take care of your clients. Your partnership includes:
- Access to our proprietary technology and a suite of customized services
- An open architecture platform with access to thousands of investment products from leading third-party product sponsors
- Resources and expertise across the firm to help you create client solutions
- The freedom to create solutions specific to your client’s goals
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Motivated, eager to continually improve and has an ownership mentality.
- Highly organized and a problem solver.
- Strong team player, projects the highest level of integrity, and has outstanding service skills.
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with client’s in-person or remotely.
- Comfortable working under limited supervision.
- Strong task orientation and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with LPL Financial custodial platforms ideal.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM software or similar technology.
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses, Life & Health insurance preferred.
- Fully capable in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Minimum of 5 years of investment experience in the financial services industry, with 10 years of related overall business experience desired.
Apply online at: By submitting an application, you are not applying for employment with LPL Financial. Employment is with BCU, however, in accordance with regulatory requirements, LPL Financial would hold your securities/insurance licenses.
These investment products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, BCU.
Tracking # 1-05026674
Pay Range:$90,000 - $96,000
The salary range is dependent on a number of factors, including the applicant’s skill, experience, and work location. This position is also eligible to earn sales incentive compensation.