Assistant Vice President, Finance FP&A
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 20,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The FP&A group plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s investment information and partnering with the company’s business units providing overall financial decision support. This team is integrally involved in strategic and general investment analysis, including supporting growth initiatives, business case analysis, and investment evaluations utilizing cost-benefit and return on investment models. Lastly, this group is tasked with the reporting of financial information in various forms including but not limited to monthly executive committee.
- Serve as a connection point across the divisional leadership team
- Deliver specialized analyses surrounding product-level profitability
- Prepare presentations and reporting to senior management on business results
- Develop and maintain economic models supporting the growth of new and existing business lines
- Work closely with cross-functional business partners to understand and provide insights to business needs and funding requests
- Develop business metrics and dashboards
- Deliver on ad hoc analysis, modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Identify and drive forward high-level process improvements
- Recognize system inefficiencies and implement effective solutions
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline)
- Experience managing and reporting a full P&L to drive product-level profitability
- This candidate should be a strategic thinker, communicate effectively, drive change, is highly motivated, and thrives in a changing environment
- A proven history of building and maintaining excellent relationships and partnering with executives at all levels to help drive change
- Familiarity with current best practices and trends to enhance the effectiveness of Finance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with upper-level executives
- Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools (Hyperion or others)
- Extensive Product P&L analysis experience
- Financial Services experience
- MBA or CFA
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.