Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Manager of Complex Product/Central Supervision is a full time position within LPL’s Supervision organization. This position is responsible for the administration of Complex Product and Central Supervision Supervisors engaged in the oversight of trades in complex products (annuities, life insurance, alternative investment related products), various security transactions (trade blotter), risk-based sales practice items (OSJ review tool), non-electronic correspondence, advisory account activity, as well as identification and escalation of sales practice issues for LPL Financial Advisors and OSJ Managers.
The Complex Products/Central Supervision Manager will be responsible for leading and developing a staff of subject matter experts, in addition to coordinating and strategically executing the oversight functions of Complex Product & Central Supervision.
- Staff Management - Responsible for hiring, training, and motivating staff. The Manager will provide ongoing support, coaching, feedback and developmental opportunities to address staff needs in order to engage them and help them be more effective and successful. The Manager will conduct staff meetings, team meetings, and one on one meetings in addition to goal setting and conducting employee evaluations, criteria’s which include quality control and oversight.
- Service Management – Must handle escalations and maintain positive relationships with Advisors, OSJ Managers, and internal relationships throughout the firm.
- Production Management – Must ensure staff adheres to service level agreements. Must also analyze, coordinate, and define risk for LPL in the scope of impending rule changes, business model needs, risk based mitigation approaches that may yield changes to functions, and departmental requirements. Strategize on approach to build or change current processes / procedures, including resources needed, requirements with which to comply, timeline for implementation, and ways with which to actively supervise these processes. Understand and interpret rule requirements and the impact of their changes, and understand the business needs of LPL, our advisors, and other departments. Must be able to communicate status and project outline to management and set the specific direction of a project, lead, and maintain an overall vision of the initiative/project
- This position will also include responsibility for leading special projects as defined by the management team and collaborating with employees at all levels throughout the firm.
- Analysis of current/proposed policies, controls and required rules. Must possess the ability to interpret federal and state regulations and develop and apply certain policies and procedures within the scope of the current regulatory environment in an attempt to mitigate risk and protect the firm
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- Series 7, 66 (or 63 and 65), 24 (or 9 and 10) required
- 5-7 years’ experience in compliance and regulatory matter
- Strong knowledge of complex products (Variable, Indexed & Fixed annuities)
- Strong industry acumen, self-starter and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem solve, trouble shoot and follow-up are essential in this role
- Ability to define problem areas and analyze risk for LPL Financial and develop policy, procedure and controls to effectively supervise and mitigate said risk
- Must work well under competing deadlines and possess strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge in all Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
- Prior leadership/team management experience preferred
- Series 4 and 53 a plus
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.