Senior Financial Analyst - Corporate FP&A
Are you someone with a strong background in financial analysis? Do you strive to be a best-in-class business partner? Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors so that they can take care of their clients.
The Senior Financial Analyst in FP&A will play a highly visible role on the Corporate FP&A team. You will be responsible for creating analyses, financial models, management reporting, robust forecasts, and ultimately supporting recommendations that help business and finance executives make informed decisions and improve profitability. The team is integrally involved in strategic investment analysis, including the support of growth initiatives and business case analysis. The ideal candidate has a combination of strong business acumen, corporate finance knowledge, and communication skills.
- Act as a liaison between FP&A and key business partners
- In partnership with the business, review operating and financial results identifying variance drivers and levers to enhance performance. Support forecasting & budget planning processes.
- Create and support the development of financial related models and ensure they are accurate and periodically updated to reflect evolving business dynamics
- Play a key role in the development of the driver-based, volume forecasting models to more effectively support resource planning needs
- Focus on continuous improvement in all financial-related processes, leveraging technology and other resources
- Help create accurate, compelling, and effective presentations
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related quantitative discipline)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in financial analysis, including variance analysis, budget planning, forecasting, and development of business analytics
- Experience building financial models and effectively communicating analysis to support business decision-making
- Strong commitment to data accuracy, creating materials with an ideal balance between depth and materiality
- Ability to construct dynamic and robust financial models that are purpose-built and adaptable, allowing quick adjustments/variability
- Ability to identify risks & opportunities within the org and assess potential impacts and alternatives; proactivity is key
- Ability to identify problems with data analysis and present solutions to the business
- Ability to own multiple responsibilities while addressing AdHoc concerns of leadership & business partners
- Ability to work independently and run with asks that come with little initial direction
- Identifying and implementing process efficiency improvements
- Leading and applying continuous improvement in day-to-day and special projects
- Understanding adaptability for change in the bigger picture; embracing those changes as opportunity for growth & development
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, navigating communication at multiple levels of the organization
- Capable and willing to lead projects, both inside the team and with other groups
- Utilizes data to tell the story and drive insights, tailors messaging to appropriate level for audience
- Partner and collaborate with business partners and internal team
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.