Sr. Transition Support Partner - M&A
Are you someone who thrives in a fast-paced, client-facing role?
Are able to travel, and are excited to support and educate advisors transitioning to LPL?
Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently?
If so, the Sr. Transition Support Partner role could be for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
As the Sr. Transition Support Partner (Sr. TSP) in Business Transitions, you will work directly with independent and institutional advisors that are transitioning their practice to LPL Financial through a merger and acquisition or large institution transaction. As the subject matter expert on LPL’s core technology, operational processes and best practices, you will provide training and education specific to the advisor’s unique needs. Your top priority will be to ensure the advisor/firm has a seamless transition from their prior broker dealer to LPL and acclimates well to their new environment.
We want high-energy, quick learners who can deliver a world-class, transition experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced, client-facing environment, and are able to execute in a way that encourages strong collaboration and continuous improvement.
If you want to learn and grow with us, this is the role for you. We have a robust career path where successful TSPs promote into Regional Transition Partner (RTP) roles or other roles within Business Transitions/ Business Development. The Sr. TSP role will give you exposure to LPLs processes, making you a competitive candidate for other internal opportunities.
What will you do as a Sr. Transition Support Partner?
- Serve as LPL’s transition training representative along with peers to enterprises, institutions and advisors as part of LPL’s mergers and acquisitions strategy.
- Facilitate in-depth training to independent and institutional advisors and their staff on all LPL core technology with the goal of providing specialized support in transitioning advisor’s practice over to LPL. The training focuses on three key elements: mirroring their book of business to LPL, understanding the transferring of assets process and maintaining accounts with the ultimate goal of growing the advisor’s business.
- Select delivery modalities that best serve audience segments and program objectives. Demonstrate effective facilitation, communication, presentation and questioning skills applicable to various learning styles.
- Provide repapering support to aid new advisors in moving their book of business to LPL Financial. Develop a trusting partnership with the advisor and create a strategy for settling their entire book of business on LPL’s platform based on that advisor’s unique goals. This may include tactical execution support of account requirements.
- Be the subject matter expert and go-to person in the areas of LPL technology training and account processes for the advisor throughout their transition. You will also be asked to leverage critical thinking, complex problem solving, and independent judgement to determine, deliver and execute strategies for complex offices including due diligence to create a successful training path and acclimation strategy, as well as set up and consult with TSPs on these items for offices they support, as needed.
- Serve as a Player/Coach for all new and existing TSPs by coaching/assisting with problem solving, escalations, and exceptions.
- Lead projects for BTP that produce efficiencies and best practices through creative solutioning around policies and processes, questioning status quo or making recommendations for permanent changes. Leverage relationships at AVP and VP levels across the firm and must navigate working with those higher levels with professional maturity, negotiation and influence.
What skills, experiences and/or education is required?
- 3+ years of experience in financial services and/or client-facing role is required
- 2+ years of training, business consulting, or practice management expertise in the investment services space preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or related field preferred
- Series 7 and 63, 65 or 66 preferred
- Strong listening skills with a focus on understanding each advisor’s unique needs
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, leadership, field recruiting professionals and internal recruiters
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a strong ability to build trust and respect quickly in a client-facing role
- Expertise in various lines of the business - wirehouse, regional, independent, RIA, institutions and retirement plans
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time
- Adaptable, quick learners who are ready to jump in with minimal training
- Proficient webinar host with outstanding presentation skills
- Proactive, critical thinker with professional maturity who can self-manage
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Salesforce, MS Outlook
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.