Analyst - Capital Solutions
Do you pride yourself on being a critical thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset? Do you have a professional background in finance, lending, or capital management? Are you excited to collaborate with internal business partners to build solutions and execute strategy? If so, the Analyst, Capital Solutions role could be for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Analyst, Capital Solutions role will be a part of the Capital Solutions team within LPL’s Finance Division, providing LPL’s advisors capital to support acquisitions and growth initiatives.
The primary responsibility for this role is to work with our advisor clients & internal partners to collect documentation related to loan requests; analyze included data for key risk metrics; and ultimately make recommendations regarding capital strategy & loan approval.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable handling frequent customer contact & inquiries, and using keen judgment to think critically when dealing with complex data.
Additionally, the ideal candidate should be prepared to provide recommendations to our leadership team regarding product development, and process improvements; and should have a combination of strong business & communication skills.
- Analyze and underwrite commercial capital loans for mergers & acquisition deals while providing excellent customer service
- Review loan applications and provide recommendations on credit risk
- Assist with the development and management of capital products and programs
- Analyze reports and data to determine actionable business intelligence with a strong attention to detail
- Represent and advocate for Capital Solutions when working with business partners
- Maintain processes & improve operational efficiency
- Innovate, test, and launch new ideas to solve complex business problems
- Assist on projects to automate and improve underwriting and origination processes
- Partner with internal teams on Fintech projects and building of technology platforms
- Help manage strategic projects to improve and expand our lending capabilities
- Work closely with internal LPL departments on different projects and initiatives
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, project management, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in a lending role at a financial services/FinTech company
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and presenting financial data
- Experience analyzing businesses including Mergers & Acquisitions
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance and business concepts
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, high volume, dynamic environment with minimal oversight
- Background in lending, underwriting, credit policy, and/or credit risk
- Experience with reporting tools (Tableau, Alteryx, Salesforce dashboards, Excel Macros) a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products, and services a plus
- Prior leadership experience a plus
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (855) 575-6947.