AVP, Data Analytics
Are you passionate about analyzing data, serving clients, adding value, improving processes/systems, and helping to develop analysts to become true experts?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The AVP of Reporting & Analytics will support the VP of Data & Analytics in the delivery of robust reporting and analytics solutions for LPL’s Client Success organization. This role will be responsible for the creation of analytics, insights and reporting in support of our Service Center. The AVP will work with all levels of staff in the various divisions of LPL Financial. The candidate must have experience with data analysis, finding patterns, insights, anomalies and communicating those findings in concise, clear and easy to understand formats that the leadership team can use to formulate action plans. You will assist in the development of recommendations by synthesizing data from multiple sources, developing reports where needed to drive strategic and business insights. In this position, you will strategize with the team to identify solutions with a focus on product improvement, operational automation, improvement of advisor experience via action-oriented intelligence. The ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff including senior and executive management, as well as experience working within a wealth management environment; ideally with a finance or business management background is preferred.
- Partner with customers to accurately assess needs, recommending new solutions, services, or approaches to meet analytic requirements as needed
- Develop reporting, verbal and written communications summarizing key findings; Interpret data, summarize information and present findings.
- Mentor team members to meet reporting and analytics needs including:
- Leveraging Tableau, R-Studio, PowerBI and other analytical tools, identify trends or patterns to uncover issues that need to be addressed
- Determine what types of data needs to be collected and curated to address the reporting needs of Service
- Communicate with all levels regarding overall analysis results
- Conduct research using analytical tools including visualization and statistical tools
- Perform at a high standard where quality, accuracy, innovation and effectiveness are top priorities
- Focus on delivering reporting solutions with accuracy and on time.
- Partner with other analytics teams to ensure business goals are met
- Develop strategies for improving customer service based on analytics
- Work closely with the Workforce Management and Service leaders to create recommendations for business actions based on trends or patterns
- Create and manage reports & dashboards in reporting systems (Tableau and Speech Analytics platform)
- Create new and improve existing analytic approaches to solve business questions in a creative way
- Point out patterns, divergence from patterns; identify opportunity and risk based on data sets
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Data & Business Analytics: 9 + years
- Analytics Supporting a Business Unit: 3+ years
- Tableau: 3 -8 years
- Bachelor's degree
- Highly proficient with using SQL, Tableau, and Excel
- Highly Proficient with database concepts and is able to write queries from scratch
- Highly proficient with MS Excel including pivot tables and complex logic-based formulas
- Statistical Analysis, Hypothesis Testing, Model Development and Exploratory Analysis
- Experience supporting an Enterprise Reporting Infrastructure with a focus on automation
- Experience working leveraging data warehouses for reporting and analysis
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, R, Tableau (or other scripting language)
- Preferred major in Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, MIS
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (855) 575-6947.