Manufacturing Operations - Planner (Supply Chain)
Luxottica Group SpA
Dallas, TX, US, 75234
Requisition ID: 812505
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
The Supply Chain Planner is under the EOA Supply Chain Department, reporting directly to the Supply Chain Planning Manager. This position oversees a lens products portfolio for which he/she is responsible for developing and executing Master plan and SKU level plan that support service level, inventory, and new products release to meet customer demand.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish action plans to support customer demand, inventory plans and manufacturing constraints to ensure SKU balancing to achieve:
- Fill rate and backorders objective
- Inventory Targets
- New product release
- Responsible for executing the Master plan monthly and S&OP twice a year, to balance US objectives and projections with worldwide objectives for inventory and production.
- Responsible for executing and tracking SKU level plans utilizing DRP or other planning tools on a weekly basis, as well as planning activities:
- Placement of requirements to plants
- Shipments tracking
- Analyze backorders root causes and develop action plan to speed up recovery (activate faster shipment method, prioritization with vendors…). Provide reliable recovery dates.
- Responsible for determining and maintaining the SKU level attributes such as safety stock, lead times for Distribution Centers (DCs)
- Responsible for tracking actual activities versus planned activity, including, but not limited to:
- Product Mix vs Plan
- Inventory Levels vs. Plan
- Actual receipts vs. Plan
- Evaluate and review forecast and sales variances with Demand Planners to understand service risks or obsolescence risks, including, but not limited to:
- Notify Demand planners of any major discrepancies between orders and forecasts
- Analyze impact to inventory and fill rate for special customer demand
- Manage Supply Chain Planning activities pertinent to the timely release of new products
- New Product Setups and attributes
- Develop launch and replenishment safety stock based on the master plan
- Execute and tracking inventory build to achieve Fill Rate Objectives
- Develop and maintain appropriate communication channels
- Monitor essential KPI’s and develop/execute corrective actions when outside established boundaries
- All other duties assigned by management within the scope of this position
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, such as Supply Chain, Logistics, or Business is required; equivalent experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- 3/5 years’ experience in Inventory/Production Planning functions is required.
- APICS certification is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge in DRP/MRP systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Applications
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and professionally in verbal and written form to internal/external customers, all management levels, team members and co-workers
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills in a complex environment
- Flexibility in work assignments to accommodate group and individual goals
- Ability to work with all members of working groups, skill levels and expertise
- Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize work and perform under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations Manager, Supply, Ophthalmic, Operations, Healthcare