Transitions Optical - Transitions Senior Project Chemist
Luxottica Group SpA
Pinellas Park, FL, US, 33782
Requisition ID: 813816
Store #: E00215 Transitions Opt Gen. R&D PinPk
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
At Transitions Optical we help people live more vibrant lives by enhancing their vision and the way they perceive light.
We are the manufacturer of Transitions ® eyeglass lenses, the world's leading photochromic lens. Transitions ® lenses automatically adapt to changing light. They darken outdoors and return back to clear when you come inside.
Our talented people make significant advances in color science and lens materials, setting new standards of advanced performance to provide ever increasing visual comfort and optimum harmful blue light protection, and always blocking 100% of UVA and UVB rays.
Product leadership, consumer focus, and operational excellence have made Transitions ® lenses one of the most recognized brands in optics.
Transitions Optical is part of EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses.
The primary job function of this position is to investigate, develop, and solve problems in relation to coatings and coatings processes involved in photochromic ophthalmic lenses fabrication within Rx laboratory settings. It is expected that the incumbent will take a hands-on approach, collaborate closely with equipment engineering and lab technicians, and provide technical leadership in providing robust, high yield Rx processing platforms. Responsibilities will include supervision of a technician(s).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participating in or leading R&D programs and projects involving multi-site, cross-functional teams in accordance with the programs and projects methodology
- Providing clear, frank communication of results both orally and in written reports
- Generating clear documentation of procedures and instructions
- Providing input towards equipment development and design
- Working closely with R&D in technology transfer of new coatings to Rx platforms
- Initiating and collaborating on new or alternative technologies in surface treatments, lens cleaning, coatings application, curing, and inspection
- Acquiring new skills, in a timely fashion, to meet current or anticipated needs
- This position requires a BS or Advanced degree in Chemistry along with 5 -10 years post- college experience in a related field
- Detailed knowledge of ophthalmic lens materials
- Detailed knowledge of Rx processing of ophthalmic lenses
- Significant knowledge in polymer coatings chemistries and associated processing (i.e. surface treatments, mixing, application methods, and curing methods)
- Significant knowledge of analytical methods relevant to coatings, with an emphasis on methods used to understand problems related to adhesion and cosmetics
- Familiarity with equipment operating systems and ability to quickly learn new systems. Hands on.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Team Player with solid interpersonal skills - the ability to be open minded engage others. Think on feet and be flexible
- Ability to influence others, internally and externally within Rx Lab customers
- International travel up to 25%
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
Job Segment: Ophthalmic, Healthcare