Senior Manager, Manufacturing L&D (Learning and Development)
Luxottica Group SpA
McDonough, GA, US, 30253
WHO WE ARE
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
The Sr. Manager- L&D is responsible for establishing short and long-term learning strategies to increase the quality of performance at all levels of manufacturing employees. Working collaboratively across the network, this role will define training strategy that balances theory and practice to create and design learning modules that meet development goals. This position will mold the direction of future learning programs and be the driver to create a culture of continuous learning. In addition, they should be comfortable and confident interacting with senior leadership, possess excellent business acumen, drive execution, and demonstrate business impact of initiatives.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine strategy to ensure Training/Product Knowledge is created, designed and implemented across the manufacturing network
- Design, create, and develop informal and formal learning solutions (including e-learnings, interactive PDFs, and videos) to meet organizational needs by analyzing and selecting the most appropriate strategy, methodologies, and technologies to maximize the learning experience and impact.
- Own the coordination and execution of approved strategies across all labs, ensuring appropriate initiative prioritization and ensures that all initiatives meet the objectives of the project.
- Create solid cross-functional relationships to project manage and influence key initiatives from the conceptual and funded stage through deployment
- Explores and evaluates new tools and programs to combine all training and digital assets into one universal platform.
- Responsible for being the Copywriter and editor for training content localization.
- Communicates with facility teams and cross-functional Subject Matter Experts to ensure content congruence among all curriculum tracks and alignment.
- Audit and obtains feedback and data from facility partners, improving learning and development content and constantly moving learning content to the next level.
- Identify and maintain processes and tools to drive standardization and efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Leadership Development, Organizational Development, or Talent Management
- 8+ years of instructional design experience or project management experience
- Experience in a business environment with the practical application of leadership development, organization development, and adult learning theories and models
- Expert in learning content tools: Articulate Storyline and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient knowledge of Learning Management Systems
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Go Animate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Ability to manage and influence organizational change
- Strong strategic mindset to see ahead and translate future possibilities into breakthrough strategies
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Experience creating learning strategies using alternative modalities and technology
- Ability to design evaluation strategies to measure learning program effectiveness
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Labor and Delivery, OB/GYN, Obstetrics, Manager, Ophthalmic, Healthcare, Management