RxO - Maintenance Tech 2 (1st shift)
Luxottica Group SpA
RxO - Maintenance Tech 2 (1st shift)
Columbus, OH, US, 43212
Requisition ID: 815951
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
GENERAL FUNCTIONThe Maintenance Tech supports maintenance initiatives by serving as the primary focal point for communications and maintenance activities. The Maintenance Tech also coordinates both routine and major maintenance shutdowns as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizes work materials, writes work instructions, specifies safety needs, and optimizes the use of maintenance labor to maximize the performance and minimize the downtime of all lab equipment.
- Identifies and procures parts and materials needed for planned work orders and PM work orders.
- Writes purchase requests for repair and replacement parts, and contract services.
- Prioritizes planned, preventive, predictive, and project maintenance activity for assigned lab areas in concert with production schedules and equipment maintenance needs.
- Estimates labor requirements for all planned and preventive maintenance work orders.
- Conducts weekly meetings with Operations, Technical, and Maintenance employees to organize and prioritize maintenance work.
- Ensures weekend/downtime activities are coordinated.
- Creates, adds or changes PM`s in Megamation as needed.
- Schedules maintenance activities with contractors on Preventative Maintenance on equipment.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
- Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a highly automated manufacturing, lean manufacturing/continuous flow operations
- Demonstrated a proficiency in the use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Ability to read and interpret schematic diagrams
- Demonstrated ability for independent decision-making
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of the business
- Ability to overcome obstacles and have the organizational skills necessary to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive in problem solving and to lead the resolution of lab equipment problems
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as requested by Supervisor and Manager
- Ability to work in a combination of seated, walking or standing position for up to 10 hours
- Working knowledge of Megamations Computerized Maintenance Management Software planning module and inventory module
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Job Segment: Ophthalmic, Supply Chain, Supply, Healthcare, Operations