LensCrafters - Licensed Assistant Manager
Luxottica Group SpA
East Point, GA, US, 30344
Requisition ID: 816376
Store #: 000856 LensCrafters
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
At LensCrafters, we're passionate about bringing people better sight. And it takes thousands of people from all backgrounds to do this.
By joining our team, you'll learn about the optical industry while developing the customer service and sales techniques needed to grow in your career.
LensCrafters is the largest optical retailer in North America with 1,000+ stores and as part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, our higher standard of quality has made LensCrafters a leader in vision care for over 35 years.
The Assistant Manager acts as a leader in absence of, or in support of the Store Manager & behaves as a business owner within the marketplace & LensCrafters organization. Represents LensCrafters as the premier destination for all vision needs within the community & delivers key performance metrics.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers quality & improvement to meet or exceed all key performance indicators (KPIs):
- Comp Sales, % Sales to Plan; Conversion & Customer Count, Comp Growth; Increased Traffic; Store Operating Profitability; Continuity of Care, Exam Growth & Retention Goals; Net Promoter Score; Current year objectives
- Demonstrates understanding of retail business & the capability to transfer knowledge to superior sales & business results. Learns & understands the competition & market trends.
- Supports the store manager in diagnosing the business & leverages the synergies of Retail, Lab & Doctor to drive positive results.
- Supports store business plans to maximize sales & profit, leverages strengths & addresses opportunities for recovery.
- Partners with store manager to lead a team through strong knowledge & skills.
- Provides training & guidance to team members.
- Delivers clear & constructive feedback in a timely manner.
- Informs store manager of any situation that may require any development or disciplinary action of others.
- Supports recruiting, helps select high caliber team & creates talent pipeline.
- Follows guidelines to optimally staff store.
- Shows great pride in the store appearance & executes visual directives.
- Strives to maintain positive working relationship with doctors.
- Adheres to & ensures compliance of team to Company policies & procedures. Meets or exceed all goals.
- Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying reasons and root cause; strives for long-term solutions to problems.
- Performs & understands administrative duties.
- Maintains a safe working environment for all.
- Works a flexible schedule, including nights & weekends.
- Under current & valid state Opticianry license perform the following:
- Provides expertise & product knowledge on lens choices based on the patient’s vision needs & doctor prescription.
- Adjusts &/or repairs eyewear.
- Presents and dispenses eyewear & creates a lasting impression.
- Performs accurate digital measurements.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current & valid state Opticianry license
- 1+ year(s) management/supervisory experience with direct reports
- Knowledge of retail operations, processes & policies
- Strong basic math skills
- Familiarity with cash register, computers & calculators
- Must have a strong command of the English language for all written correspondence & oral communication
- Strong communicator & listener
- Demonstrated high-level of selling skills
- Proven ability to problem solve
- College degree or equivalent
- Previous experience in leadership position within retail & customer service industry
- Knowledge of basic optics
- Knowledge of current store merchandise
- State licensure (if applicable) &/or ABO Certification in non-licensed states
- Brand Final Inspector Certification
- Brand Quality, Fitting & Adjusting Program
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Assistant Manager, Manager, Management