RxO - Distribution Clerk
Luxottica Group SpA
RxO - Distribution Clerk
East Syracuse, NY, US, 13057
Requisition ID: 816701
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
EssilorLuxottica is seeking Clerks in the following areas: Mailroom/Shipping/Stockroom Clerk
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Mailroom, Shipping or Stockroom Clerk, your primary focus will be to prepare completed jobs for shipping to the correct customers. It’s important to note that the duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgment. Specific duties will include:
- Scanning trays to prepare invoices
- Matching invoices numerically to tray number
- Wrapping finished jobs and sorting numerically by specific account number
- Closing boxes with appropriate labels for shipping
You will be expected to meet a daily quota that will be outlined by your supervisor.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Clerk opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- High mechanical / technical aptitude.
- 1+ years of related work experience, such as in manufacturing / data entry / order entry; experience in lab settings is preferred but not required.
- A methodical approach and the ability to follow SOPs.
- The ability to meet measurable standards in a dynamic production environment.
- Depth perception and manual dexterity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- An accountable and self-motivated work ethic.
You need to know:
- This position requires that you may stand and walk for the duration of any shift.
- You'll work with and around chemicals.
- Your work area may be wet and/or dirty and or have a strong smell.
- This role is in a cleanroom environment.
- You should be willing and able to work overtime as needed.
Pay Range: $15.50 - $16.75
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Syracuse
Job Segment: Supply Chain, Data Entry, Mailroom, Supply, Ophthalmic, Operations, Administrative, Healthcare