Luxottica Group SpA
New York, NY, US, 10019
Requisition ID: 814433
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our portfolio of more than 150 renowned brands span various categories, from frames, lenses and instruments to brick and mortar and digital distribution as well as mid-range to premium segments. Our Shared Services Team, accompany and enable others within the EssilorLuxottica collective to achieve their targets. They keep people and projects running smoothly, ensuring every part of our business is provided for and well taken care of.
The Manager of Accounting and Finance is a key business advisor within the Eye Care Projects team, providing highly visible analysis and support within our independent partner practices and greater Eye Care team. Key activities include performing the month-end close activities, financial reporting, operating expense management/reporting, budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis and modeling in support of business development activities including new business, practice evaluations and strategic growth initiatives.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages complex accounting, reporting, budgeting and forecasting functions and processes.
- Develops monthly/quarterly forecasts for P&L line items (sales, labor, G&A, etc) – ensures forecast accuracy.
- Acts as the financial partner for independent partner practices, field support teams, and home office shared services.
- Completes monthly/quarterly actual vs forecast packages (executive summary and details).
- Coordinates month-end financial close and actual P&L analysis.
- Completes detailed review of actual results.
- Coordinates obtaining variance explanations.
- Prepares monthly financial management reports, including P&L, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows for key leadership.
- Provides guidance to independent partner practice leadership on business trends to enhance results (financial and non–financial).
- Reports KPI weekly with commentary.
- Reviews key line items including sales, discounts, payroll, commissions, bonus, etc. – makes recommendations to ensure forecasts/plans are achieved.
- Reviews scorecard monthly with brand and field leadership.
- Partners with field management to develop broader business and financial acumen.
- Leads analysis for testing and special projects.
- Partners with brand teams on various brand projects (e.g. new store analysis, payroll and compensation plans, etc.).
- Partners with cross functional teams on tests (e.g. ROI on promotional activities, test results for merchandising, marketing and other brand initiatives, etc.).
- Forecasts OD sales to align new store growth with brand base business growth.
- Strategize increased productivity and sales results within practices and groups.
- Develops, maintains, reviews and presents comprehensive and summarized reporting packages to monitor performance
- Reconciles transactions
- Bachelor degree required (Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Business Management preferred).
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting/financial analysis, financial modeling & business case development
- A self-motivator, a leader with an intellectual curiosity, eager to learn and grow, able to learn on their own
- A team player, must be able to work with people within, and outside of department
- Extremely strong analytic, problem solving and modeling skills required.
- Understanding of orientations and business priorities as well as driving the business.
- Proven working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint and data analysis tools such as SAP, Essbase, SQL, MSAccess
- Excellent organizational and strong communication and presentation skills required.
- Ability to deal with a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Prior accounting for small businesses
- Work history in healthcare field (medical, dental, outpatient)
- Multi-site business accounting a plus
Pay Range: $84,730.00 - $119731.67
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Marketing Manager, Merchandising, Business Manager, Manager, Ophthalmic, Marketing, Retail, Management, Healthcare