Optometric Technician - South Gate Optometry
Luxottica Group SpA
South Gate, CA, US, 90280
Requisition ID: 817442
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our portfolio of more than 150 renowned brands span various categories, from frames, lenses and instruments to brick and mortar and digital distribution as well as mid-range to premium segments. Our Shared Services Team, accompany and enable others within the EssilorLuxottica collective to achieve their targets. They keep people and projects running smoothly, ensuring every part of our business is provided for and well taken care of.
The Optometric Technician ensures all patients receive the highest quality Optometric care while receiving an eye exam. This role provides an unsurpassed patient experience by seamlessly linking the doctor and other primary care functions together.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with patient care and eye exams, including managing patient records and supporting patient flow throughout the exam.
- Performs various tests to aid the optometrist with vision examinations including but not limited to visual acuity measurements, depth and color perception test, and retinal imaging.
- Performs tests to aid the optometrist in accurate diagnosis and treatment for the patient in appropriate time frame.
- Attentive to details; reviews prescriptions and/or patient information carefully; identifies special needs; consults with Optometrists, Optician or Practice Manager when necessary.
- Identifies situations involving dissatisfied patients and acts quickly for resolution.
- Performs work accurately and thoroughly despite time pressure and patient volume.
- Handles and files all patient records in an organized and efficient manner in accordance with practice standards and HIPAA.
- Supports contact lens exams and orders, including but not limited to contact lens care, trial inventory and patient orders.
- Effectively utilizes appointment book/scheduling procedures and computer operation/ procedures.
- Operates the point-of-sale system, inputting patient information with accuracy and attention to detail. When required, creates and tenders sales transactions, by following operational processes and standards.
- Maintains safe working environment for all team members and patients.
- Supports compliance of visual merchandising in the exam lanes, assesment room and contact lens area.
- Adapts to various examination scenarios and is personable with patients and staff.
- Performs all pre-examination testing with accuracy and attention to detail; takes initiative to explain all measurements and answer any questions the patient may have
- Responsible for maintenance and disinfection of equipment; provides clinical support to the Optometrist as needed.
- Works weekends and evenings in support of the business needs (varies by location).
- Adheres to attendance and daily time keeping requirements.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Consistently maintains proper dress code.
- Performs other functions as assigned by Practice Manager or business needs.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 1+ year of strong customer service skills (internal/external)
- Strong communicator and listener
- Problem solving ability
- Organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to assess priorities, address multiple tasks and deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Ability to use exam software, point-of-sale technology and optometric equipment
- Ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge of office environment
- Strong basic math skills
- Experience in healthcare
- Previous experience in customer service, retail and/or optical
- Optometric technician certification
Pay Range: $18.68 - $27.98
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Patient Care, Merchandising, Ophthalmic, Optometry, Healthcare, Retail