Market Specialist (Optical)
Luxottica Group SpA
Market Specialist (Optical)
Vancouver, BC, CA, V5Z 2M9
Requisition ID: 814897
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
EssilorLuxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, and Target Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
EssilorLuxottica’s Wholesale teams deliver the highest quality frames, best-in-class expertise and a deep understanding of products and markets to support our customers and fuel their businesses all over North America.
GENERAL FUNCTIONThe Market Specialist is responsible for all activities relating to the promotion, merchandising and sell-through of Luxottica brands within an assigned territory. The Market Specialist effectively sells all Luxottica products and promotes the Luxottica brand image to Account Sales Associates, management and consumers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets sales goals and objectives for Luxottica brands within an assigned territory.
- Schedules and maintains a regular visit cadence with all doors within assigned territory and as determined by sales cycle priorities and activities.
- Actively promotes Luxottica products to account customers and consumers through brand and category trainings, consumer engagement/events and merchandising activities.
- Develops strong working relationships with office management and personnel; meets with office managers to identify business opportunities to maximize Luxottica’s presence and drive sales.
- Is knowledgeable of and keeps current with all Luxottica products, services, promotions, advertising and competitive offers to facilitate sales efforts; maintains awareness of competitor’s products, promotions, and services.
- Provides customers with professional, personalized customer service to promote sales by increasing customer awareness and knowledge of Luxottica’s brands and the eye wear category.
- Ensures prominent product placement within offices in assigned territory, while ensuring execution of brand standards of merchandising and signage.
- Conducts regular Luxottica product trainings in offices or via webinar for Account Sales Associates, Opticians and staff to ensure knowledge of Luxottica’s products, marketing activities, selling strategies and merchandising standards.
- Associates degree in business management
- Car and valid Driver’s License
- 3+ years of experience in a customer service environment
- Previous merchandising, selling and/or retail experience
- Equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Driven to engage with account personnel and consumers
- Excellent sales, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to present, motivate and coach in front of a large group
- Good negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative, generate creative selling solutions and work in a fast paced environment
- Proficient w/ PC and IOS applications – Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, iPad
- Ability to travel, 80% of the time, including overnight hotel stays
- Associates degree in business management with concentration in marketing, merchandising, sales
- Previous merchandising, selling and/or retail experience in an optical environment
- Optical experience
- ABO certification
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Job Segment: Retail Sales, Merchandising, Office Manager, Advertising, Business Manager, Retail, Administrative, Marketing, Management