Licensed Optician - Hialeah, FL - For Eyes
Luxottica Group SpA
Hialeah, FL, US, 33014
Requisition ID: 817971
Store #: 00M211 FE Red Road Outlet
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
At For Eyes, we are an optical retailer that offers high-quality brands and products with great pricing. We are as unique as our customers and patients. Our diverse team consists of more than 500 dedicated associates across 105 stores in the United States and Puerto Rico. Our highly qualified associates are passionate about customer satisfaction. We proudly offer every For Eyes customer a perfect blend of expert eye care and affordable eyewear.
When you join For Eyes, you are starting a career with endless possibilities for growth. We strive for continuous improvement and ways to collaborate to raise the potential of our company. Our commitment is to support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition, and potential to grow.
For Eyes is part of EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames, and sunglasses. Known around the globe for innovation, passion for vision care, cutting-edge technology, and iconic brands, we’re part of the premier company in eyewear.
The Licensed Optician delivers the brand value proposition & helps establish For Eyes as the premier destination for all vision needs within the community. Helps to create exceptional value in the lives of customers by delivering legendary customer service & perfectly crafted high quality eyewear which exceeds our customers’ expectations.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets all customers with a warm welcome right away, exchanges names, & ensures they know what to expect. Shows urgency in providing service to customers & satisfying their needs.
- Custom fits glasses & precisely places prescription in lenses.
- Acts as a leader in optical acumen that provides a voice for associates.
- Takes & records measurements, adjusts or fits eyewear correctly, thorough & exact in details; ensures finished eyewear meets standards & customer requirements.
- Attracts new customers.
- Explores the needs & priorities of customers by asking open ended questions.
- Is attentive to details, asks follow up questions for clarity, reads verbal/non-verbal cues; reviews prescriptions & identifies special needs.
- Assists co-workers with difficult or complex areas of product needs & prescriptions.
- Utilizes store tools & adheres to Brand Store Commitments.
- Performs work accurately & thoroughly utilizing all technology despite time pressure & customer volume. Demonstrates superior product knowledge; takes the initiative to accurately describe the features & benefits of various lenses & frames using appropriate tools. Reinforces customers’ final selection.
- Anticipates problems; explores underlying reasons for customer issues; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems & ensures customers are satisfied & expectations are exceeded. Acts quickly for resolution. Partners with management as necessary.
- Possesses the ability to multi-task, prioritize & manage time with competing priorities.
- Commits to delivery date & time, seeks feedback & asks for referrals.
- Strives to achieve exceptional results on Brand KPIs & competencies.
- Presents, celebrates & educates at pick up.
- Takes pride in store appearance, shows initiative to keep store clean, attractive & organized. Secures & protects company assets in your control.
- Informs management of safety opportunities; demonstrates safe work practices.
- Possesses a “can do” spirit & strong drive for results; self-motivated with a desire for continual learning & improvement.
- Adheres to company policies & procedure, including but not limited to discounting, promotions & inventory management.
- Sells on your feet 80%-100% of the time.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed (i.e. customer calls, dispensing eyewear, etc.).
- Maintains proper dress code, including name tag & associate tablet.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- State Licensure
- Optical dispensing experience
- Strong customer service skills: communicator, listener & team builder
- Knowledge of current store merchandise
- Basic math skills
- Awareness of current fashion trends
- Selling skills – ability to use & carry an iPAD/tablet
- Familiarity with POS, computers & calculators
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Miami
Job Segment: Ophthalmic, Healthcare