Sr Manager (Logistics Innovation)
Luxottica Group SpA
Dallas, TX, US, 75234
Requisition ID: 818298
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
The Sr. Manager – Logistics (Innovation) is responsible for leading continuous improvement projects that guarantee excellence in distribution operations, making Luxottica operations a benchmark in NA and globally with a focus on improving speed to market while optimizing costs. This role collaborates with cross functional teams (inclusive of Distribution Operations, Finance, Customer Service Logistics, Distribution & Capacity Planning, Systems and Corporate) supporting Retail, and Wholesale and E-commerce.
The Sr. Manager – Logistics (Innovation) will coordinate projects in Luxottica’s North America distribution network. The Sr. Manager is part of the Automation & Innovation team responsible for automation, innovation, continuous improvement and business integration guarantying service, effectiveness and efficiencies.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the innovation from ideation to implementation; identifies innovation, develops business case, gains operational buy in and leads the implementation to improve process flows and service
- Evaluates and identifies industry innovation advancements to improve customer/user satisfaction and reduce operating expenses
- Drives Logistics innovation focusing on Automation and World Class Logistics Excellence
- Manages projects/budgets and ROI for each projects, leading presentations to key stakeholders to keep them informed of status of initiatives and projects, performance against planned objectives, and future strategic directions with associated impact on expenses
- Manages cross functional team of operations, systems, IT and facilites to deliver projects
- Responsible for layout and process flow design to improve service and costs
- Project Manager for all installations and process improvement activities
- Develops and deploys Work Measuremnet (Time & Methods) for all logistics activities
- Manages Capex approval process for North America Logistics
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering or industry equivalent
- 8+ years Logistics and Supply Chain experience
- 5+ years in Project Management·
- Visionary/Strategic minded
- Ability to challenge status quo and strive for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage complex organization with different Pillars
- Strives in a fast pace environment
- Experience in design, optimization, reengineering processes
- Projects/Program Management experience
- Able to work in environment with international objectives and matrix relationships in a multinational environment
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project or equivalent & AutoCad
- Master’s Degree in Business, Logistics or Engineering
- Six Sigma master black Belt
- PMP certification
- E-Com and Omni Channel experience
- Experience with SAP
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Six Sigma Black Belt, Logistics, Six Sigma, Supply Chain Manager, Facilities, Management, Operations