Sr. Manager- Category
Luxottica Group SpA
New York, NY, US, 10018
Requisition ID: 817539
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our portfolio of more than 150 renowned brands span various categories, from frames, lenses and instruments to brick and mortar and digital distribution as well as mid-range to premium segments. Our Shared Services Team, accompany and enable others within the EssilorLuxottica collective to achieve their targets. They keep people and projects running smoothly, ensuring every part of our business is provided for and well taken care of.
This role is a key member of the team managing contact lenses and eye wellness categories at EssilorLuxottica North America (LensCrafters, Target Optical, Pearle Vision store and online channels, and other consumer facing businesses as needed in the U.S. and Canada). The Sr Manager Category supports the growth of the category through marketing campaigns and events, product launches and customer experience improvements. This position requires critical and creative thinking, initiative, and drive, as well as experience in vendor collaboration, retail marketing, project management, product management, and program planning and implementation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage contact lens marketing calendar and marketing execution in partnership with the brand marketing teams and other marketing functions such as CRM, Visual Merchandising, etc.
• Develop 360-degree product launch plans across cross-functional corporate and field teams, and often in partnership with vendors
• Negotiate and manage manufacturer co-op budgets and promotional support
• Collaborate with brand marketing and other senior leaders to develop and manage private label brands, including product lifecycle and new product development
• Support, and often lead, cross-functional initiatives to test and commercialize new offerings and deploy campaigns across channels
• Innovate and lead cross-brand projects to evolve Contact Lens customer experience, such as selling tools, first time wearer trials, etc.
• Develop and maintain market intelligence, competitive and customer insights
• Serve as subject matter expert on cross-functional teams to support contact lens initiatives
- BA degree with concentration in marketing, business, operations, economics or related fields
• 7+ years of related work experience
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
• Exceptional ability to collaborate
• Ability to manage large, complicated projects
• Ability to learn and use technical product information
• Strong foundation in marketing and media
• Understanding of product and customer experience
• Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced degree, such as MBA
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to explore and lead in uncertainty
- Innovative in seeking new ways of looking at issues
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Cross-functional team leadership and project management
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, take initiative, bring ideas to the team
- Ability to travel independently as needed (<25% of the time)
- Understanding of product technology and manufacturing processes
- Strong analytical skills and experience with or ability to use Business Objects
Pay Range: $105,969.60 - $158096.8
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Senior Product Manager, PLM, Marketing Manager, MBA, Merchandising, Operations, Management, Marketing, Retail