Production Supervisor (Service)
Luxottica Group SpA
North Hollywood, CA, US, 91605
Requisition ID: 815595
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
Responsible for managing Service level focus in the RxO lab and optimizing service to RxO retail store customers and end consumers.
Collaborates and participates in service improvement initiatives, continuous improvement, error resolution and day-to-day order management.
Supports the Sr Manager with, order release management, stagnancy analysis, service level performance, and supervision of the CSP team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead activities that drive improvement in areas that include but are not limited to service and production.
- Collaborates with all departments on actions necessary to improve and protect order service times.
- Oversees day-to-day service activities to ensure smooth and efficient workflow within RxO Manufacturing, including WIP balance, order release, and CSP staffing.
- Utilizes available reporting and programs to identify impactors to service and drive resolution through coordination with production partners.
- Shares service issue findings with Sr Manager i.e. service performance, service culprits, and reports on actions minimize negative service impact.
- Applies knowledge and experience to identify service risks and develops and evaluates alternative solutions to drive positive performance outcomes.
- Support Sr Management in a multitude of cross-functional implementations and new project/product launches.
- Facilitates a team atmosphere, interacting directly with production leadership, associates, and shared services.
- Flexibilty between shifts will be requried as needed.
- Ensure effective and thorough training new employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- BS Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience with an emphasis on employee development and performance management required.
- 3+ years of sales, customer service, manufacturing, or process improvement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to identify and interpret trends.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- General business skills (manufacturing, marketing, accounting, production etc.).
- Excellent analytical, creative problem-solving, and mathematical skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Flexible and grasps concepts quickly.
- Ability to work independently.
- Passion for simple and fast solution to customer service issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to influence and negotiate the balance needs of RxO Manufacturing, Shared Services and Customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Proven track record of individual accomplishment, contribution and team-based success.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, MS Project or equivalent, Minitab or equivalent statistical package.
- Application of Lean manufacturing Principles.
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate and listen at all levels.
- Self-motivated with high sense of urgency, resourcefulness and adaptability.
Pay Range: $65,462.00 - $99926.67
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Supply Chain, Ophthalmic, Business Process, Supply, Manager, Operations, Healthcare, Management