Global Business Process Owner - Logistics M/F
Luxottica Group SpA
The content of the position is in English as it requires many interactions with our international subsidiaries, English being the working language
At EssilorLuxottica our mission is to help people see more and be more. Our groundbreaking products correct, protect and frame the beauty of our most precious sensory organ – our eyes. By combining our expertise in lens technology and eyewear manufacturing, a portfolio of brands that consumers love and global distribution capabilities, we enable people everywhere to learn, to work, to express themselves and to fulfill their potential.
JOB SCOPE AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within EL Group Operations Controlling function, which deals with Financial Planning and Analysis workstreams on both Lens and Frames manufacturing and logistics, the Global Business Process Owners team is responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing the specific processes of lenses costing and variance analysis (Standard definition and Actual comparison) within EssilorLuxottica. The BPOs team is part of the Operations Finance Reporting & Systems Department.
The BPOs’ (Business Process Owner) mission is to have a clear understanding of those processes and share all along the year the methodology / costing definition with the global EL stakeholders in Operations and outside (Finance, S&P, Supply Chain, Business/markets …).
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATED ACTIVITIES:
The area of controlling pertaining to the Global Logistics BPO is the following: Lens and Frames Mass Production, Lens Rx Manufacturing, Distribution, warehousing, and transportation costs (in-bound / out-bound), Inventory, and additional businesses (contact lenses, instruments...)
The main challenge of the Business Process Owners is to design, collect, process and consolidate all worldwide financial information to feed FP&A teams and finally make operational and strategic business decisions. The Operations Finance BPOs ensure consistency and reliability of the shared methodology used to perform the reporting.
- Consolidate at a global level of the Logistic costs (warehousing, handling, transportation, administrative, customs costs, …),
Structure the dashboards of the Global EL Operations Logistic costs :
- Analyze the context and needs
- Identify indicators reflecting the performance (KPIs definition)
- Look for the information through different IT systems.
- Structure the way to represent it, and implement it (Dashboard creation for each type of costs and for the consolidated overview)
Be the gatekeeper of Logistic costs definition and methodology of analysis
- Lead the implementation and the roll-out of the reports with the Operations Regions to ensure the proper reporting.
- Liaise with local teams to ensure a shared knowledge of the logistic costing methodology
- Take part to the Logistic cost analysis : Co-challenge Ops Regions about data loaded and analysis resulting from it, with FP&A logistic team
- Elaborate, and contribute to the analysis of the DOP Lens for logistic costs.
The Logistic BPO helps to support the reporting production process, with the support of a part time study intern.
NETWORK OF INTERACTION:
INTERNAL : Finance community, markets, Logitic and Supply
EXTERNAL : Providers if needed
TECHNICAL SKILLS - PORTRAIT OF A PERFECT CANDIDATE
- At least 5 years of experience in controlling and business analysis needed
- Strong problem solving skills
- A financial, business analyst, ideally with an experience of the job in an industrial/logistic and international context.
- High level of IT skills is mandatory. All Logistics reports are advanced MS Excel based (Microsoft PowerBI / PowerQuerry) and leveraging this technology. The logistic BPO relies on this tool to build a database, used for all logistic reports.
- Coordinating the data collection and a pre-analysis from the 800 reporting units of the group across the world. Interfacing processes/systems, users, and the FP&A Logistics team based in italy. For both reasons, english speaking is mandatory.
- Business Acumen, Customer Focus, Drive for Results
- Perspective: A good process owner learns and understands the details of the operational process while keeping their eye on the bigger strategic picture (which is ultimately geared toward customer satisfaction).
Educational Background: Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent
English is a must any other language is a plus