For Eyes - EyeCare Advisor
Luxottica Group SpA
Greenbelt, MD, US, 20770
Requisition ID: 813859
Store #: 00M281 FE Greenway
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
At For Eyes, we are an optical retailer that offers high-quality brands and products with great pricing. We are as unique as our customers and patients. Our diverse team consists of more than 500 dedicated associates across 105 stores in the United States and Puerto Rico. Our highly qualified associates are passionate about customer satisfaction. We proudly offer every For Eyes customer a perfect blend of expert eye care and affordable eyewear.
When you join For Eyes, you are starting a career with endless possibilities for growth. We strive for continuous improvement and ways to collaborate to raise the potential of our company. Our commitment is to support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition, and potential to grow.
For Eyes is part of EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames, and sunglasses. Known around the globe for innovation, passion for vision care, cutting-edge technology, and iconic brands, we’re part of the premier company in eyewear.
The EyeCare Advisor creates exceptional value in the lives of our customers by delivering the For Eyes Experience. Ensures all patients receive the highest quality Optometric. Delivers the store’s key performance indicators by supporting the Doctor in the routine practice of Optometry under the general direction and supercision of the Store Manager and within the scope of state law and the policies of For Eyes.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets customers without delay (within 30 seconds)..
- Promptly answers the telephone (3 rings) in a friendly and courteous manner.
- In Doctor’s office explains all required paperwork, tests, products and services as well as the appropriate time frame.
- Attentive to details; reviews prescriptions and/or patient information carefully; identifies special needs, consulting with Optician, Managing Doctor or Retail Management when necessary.
- Shows patience and courtesy to indecisive or difficult customers and patients.
- Performs work accurately and thoroughly despite time pressure and customer volume.
- Identifies situations involving unsatisfied customers and acts quickly for resolution. .
- Demonstrates knowledge of appointment book/scheduling procedures and computer operation/procedures.
- Handles and files all patient records in an organized and efficient manner in accordance with HIPAA.
- Places contact lens orders, processes shipments and properly submits invoices for payment.
- Operates the POS system terminal inputting customer/patient and prescription information with accuracy and attention to details.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the store and ensures visual displays are in accordance with Company provided guidelines.
- Maintains safe working environment for all associates/patients.
- Quickly responds to changes in store promotions with appropriate staff communications, graphics, and point of purchase materials.
- Demonstrates good product knowledge; takes initiative to accurately describe the features and benefits of various lenses and frames.
- Assists the customer in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their vision, lifestyle and budgetary
- Performs all pre-examination testing with accuracy and attention to detail; takes the initiative to explain all measurements and answers any questions the patient may have.
- Utilizing clinical and product knowledge, provides coaching and guidance to patients on the care and handling of contact lenses.
- Responsible for the maintenance and disinfection of contact lens inventory; provides clinical support to the Optometrist as needed.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Strong customer service skills (internal and external)
- Knowledge of current fashion trends
- Leadership skills
- Strong communicator and listener
- Problem solving ability
- Familiarity with cash register, computers and calculators
- Organization skills
- Sales skills
- Strong basic math skills
- Knowledge of office and store merchandise
- Previous experience in customer service, retail and/or optical
- Strong interpersonal skills
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Fashion Retail, Ophthalmic, Optometry, Fashion, Healthcare