Chariho Eye Care - Patient Care Coordinator
Luxottica Group SpA
Wyoming, RI, US, 02898
TeamVision is a Management Service Organization powered by eyewear industry leader, EssilorLuxottica, that strives to provide operational excellence to eyecare professionals with an aim to be the leading eye care provider in your local community. With ideals centered around patient care and patient experience, TeamVision is seeking top talent interested in career opportunities in both eyecare and patient experience. The Private Practices within TeamVision are engaged in full-scope optometric patient care, with an emphasis on ocular disease management and refractive services. Optometrists utilize their knowledge, efficiency, and the most modern technology to provide the best vision for everyone.
This role supports the practice by coordinating the daily administration of doctors, visitors, and patients within the local practice. This position ensures an unsurpassed patient experience by seamlessly linking the doctor and other practice functions together. This role supports establishing the practice as the premier destination for all vision needs within the community.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets patients without delay.
- Promptly answers the telephone in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by phone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying doctor/provider of patient’s arrival, reviewing service delivery compared to schedule, and reminding providers of service delays.
- Facilitates reminder calls to patients for appointment confirmation and order pickup notification.
- Records and updates financial information, collects patient charges, and files, collects, and expedites third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, partners with Practice Manager to order office supplies, and verifies receipt of supplies.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of medical, personal, and financial information in accordance with HIPAA.
- Determines both medical and vision insurance eligibilty in accordance with patients current plan coverage.
- Ensures all office systems are maintained.
- Maintains a safe working environment for all team members and patients.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Works weekends and evenings in support of the business needs (varies by location).
- Adheres to attendance and daily time keeping requirements.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Consistently maintains proper dress code.
- Performs other administrative responsibilities as assinged by Practice Manager or as business needs.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 2+ years of office experience in a healthcare setting
- Strong customer service skills (internal and external)
- Strong communicator and listener
- Problem solving ability
- Organization skills
- Familiarity with in-store technology, such as point-of-sale, patient record systems, and other software applications
- Basic knowledge of services, products, vision insurance plans/coverage and office operations
- Strong interpersonal skills
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Providence
Nearest Secondary Market: Rhode Island
Job Segment: Patient Care, Optometry, Nursing, Medical, Healthcare