Materials Handler II (Truck Unloader) - 1st shift
Luxottica Group SpA
McDonough, GA, US, 30253
Requisition ID: 819262
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
The Materials Handler provides merchandise that is stored in the Distribution Center for distribution to new and existing stores. The Materials Handler works closely with the management team to hold groups of picking associates accountable for productivity, accuracy, and process. The Materials Handler also trains new associates and follows up on their understanding and productivity.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives incoming merchandise/product.
- Processes merchandise/products per the established procedures.
- Stocks merchandise/products to the appropriate location.
- Picks merchandise per the established procedures and replenishment schedule.
- Prepares merchandise/product for new stores.
- Prepares merchandise/product for shipment.
- Investigates short pick or inventory discrepancy for a root cause.
- Helps coach and train new associates.
- Works closely with the leadership team to expedite high-priority orders and ensure order accuracy.
- Helps reinforce the picking process and gives real-time coaching to peers.
- Creates a sense of urgency among the picking team and pushes productivity among groups of picking associates & specialists.
- Completes projects as assigned by DC Supervisor and/or Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ year(s) experience
- Excellent mathematical aptitude/numerical recognition
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as requested by Supervisors/Managers
- Ability to communicate/cooperate with DC associates
- Ability to interact professionally with both corporate and non-corporate personnel
- Ability to use material handling equipment (pallet jacks, carts, etc.)
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work in a stand/walk position for up to 10 hours
- Optical knowledge and/or experience in a production environment
- Prior experience in distribution center/warehouse
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Ophthalmic, Supply Chain, Supply, Healthcare, Operations