Operations - Planning (Frames)
Luxottica Group SpA
Operations - Planning (Frames)
Dallas, TX, US, 75234
Requisition ID: 818228
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
The Supply Chain Frames Planner is under the EOA Supply Chain Department, reporting directly to the Supply Chain Frames Planning Manager. In this position the Planner is in charge of supporting the Frames Planning Manager to execute SKU level planning, in order to meet service level, inventory, and new products release
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary Supply Chain contact for the customers in charge, the Frames planner interacts with his/her conterparts on all operational topics, as well as new products introduction (collections refresh)
- Execution of min-max process to calculate orders to vendors
- Follow up requirements to suppliers : Place Pos, track shipments, create asns, interfacing with DC on receipts. The planner is the preferred interlocutor for the Frames vendors on SC activites
- Manage backorders : understand root causes, contact vendors to speed up recovery and coordinate priorities with the DCs
- Set up and maintain skus and sku attributes (suppliers, Safety stocks, leadtimes…)
- Ensure the execution of Returns to vendors in collaboration with the DCs
- Support the Frames Planning Manager in launching new programs
- Develop forecast to Frames vendors to help them ensuring service to us
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, such as Supply Chain, Logistics, or Business is required; equivalent experience in lieu of a degree will be considered
- Min 5 years of experience in Inventory/Production Planning functions is required
- Attention to details is required
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Applications, especially with Excel
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and professionally in verbal and written form to internal/external customers, all management levels, team members and co-workers
- Flexibility in work assignments to accommodate group and individual goals
- Ability to work with all members of working groups, skill levels and expertise
- Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize work and perform under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- APICS certification is a plus
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations Manager, Supply, Ophthalmic, Operations, Healthcare