Customs Compliance Manager
Luxottica Group SpA
McDonough, GA, US, 30253
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
This candidate will act as a subject matter expert in specific areas of the law such as Duty Drawback, Free Trade Agreements and HTS classification. You will be accountable for all aspects of customs, post entry audits, duties, tariffs, duty-drawback, refunds & exclusions, and maintenance of Trade Master Data.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct Post Entry audit and ACH reconciliation; develop SOPs to support these activities
- Assist in the management of First Sale, FTAs and duty drawback programs and provide reporting to the team;
- Audit brokers and paperwork flow, maintain records in compliance to CFR regulations;
- Resolve broker questions concerning AD/CVD or FDA for imported products.
- Have experience with Country of Origin/Marking and FTA applicability.
- Monitor, record, analyze, and report on activities, trends, results, and recommendations related to China 301 Tariff (exclusions / amended entries)
- Stay current on import and export regulations and other applicable governmental initiatives
- Develop and manage a duty drawback program that identifies both current and future opportunities to reclaim duty paid on imported articles.
MANAGE DUTY DRAWBACK PROGRAM
- Support internal business units in setting up drawback programs across multiple legal entities, using drawback knowledge and experience with drawback laws and regulations.
- Work cross-functionally to develop/implement systems and process improvements to existing duty drawback program to prepare claims, expedite claim filing and improve the internal business unit experience.
- Review, research, and prepare internal data/reporting utilized for duty drawback and import entry reconciliation programs.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel required
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with ACE Portal system required
- Prior experience in SAP environment required
- Prior experience with FDA regulations
- Knowledge of US Customs regulations
- 7-10 Import/Export Compliance, Customs Brokerage, or Corporate Legal Assistant Work
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Supply Chain Manager, Ophthalmic, Supply Chain, Supply, Manager, Operations, Healthcare, Management