Operations - Associate Technician (3rd shift)
Luxottica Group SpA
Baltimore, MD, US, 21224
Requisition ID: 819974
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
Technical aptitude, attention to detail and the motivation to learn and grow professionally. If this describes you, consider aligning your career with Essilor.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will focus on one of the following areas, and we plan to cross-train in the future so that you may work in any area.
In the coating area, you may work as:
- A Clipper, clipping and securing lenses into baskets to begin the coating process.
- A Machine Operator, preparing and operating the coating machine to coat the lenses properly. This will include:
- Loading machine chemicals.
- Loading and unloading sectors with lenses.
- An Inspector, inspecting lenses to ensure that they are optically and cosmetically accurate.
In finishing, you may work as:
- A Beveler, utilizing the bevel wheel to remove the sharp edges of the lens.
- A Mounter, inserting edged lenses to ensure proper fit and alignment, and inserting lenses into the frame while ensuring proper fit.
- An Edger Operator, using variety of edging machines to cut lenses down to proper size and shape to fit the appropriate frame.
- A Finish Layout preparer, readying uncut lenses for the edging process by outlining the center/alignment markings and affixing the chuck/block.
- A Tinter, accurately tinting all lenses.
- An inspector, checking lenses and frames to ensure quality standards are met.
In surfacing, you may work as:
- A Surfacing Blocker, utilizing the blocking machine to accurately secure a block to all lenses going through the surfacing department. You'll operate taping equipment to apply protective tape to the front of the lenses.
- A Surface Finer/Polisher, operating the equipment used to fine and polish all lenses going through the surfacing depart.
- A Lens Washer, hand washing and drying lenses followed by a brief cosmetic inspection of the lenses. You'll grasp lenses with a de-blocking cup and strike it against the table to remove block from lenses, and also remove tape from lenses.
To be a good fit for the Production Associate opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- 1+ years of related work experience, such as in manufacturing; experience in lab settings is preferred but not required.
- The ability to meet measurable standards in a dynamic production environment. Depth perception and manual dexterity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Attention to detail.
You need to know:
- This position requires that you stand and walk for the duration of any shift.
- You'll work with and around chemicals.
- Your work area may be wet and/or dirty and or have a strong smell.
You should be willing and able to work overtime as needed.
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Baltimore
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Supply Chain, Ophthalmic, Supply, Operations, Healthcare