Senior Real Estate Controller
Luxottica Group SpA
Senior Real Estate Controller
WHO WE ARE
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
JOB SCOPE AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supporting the strategy and execution of the process related to the company global network of almost 18.000 stores.
The candidate will be autonomous in the management of a bucket of countries to be supported in a strategic view thanks to: worldwide benchmark and analysis, evaluation of locations with a global real Estate approach to business opportunity, deep dive of store Profit&Loss, study a global store portfolio strategy implementing control, discussion, analysis with the markets.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATED ACTIVITIES:
- Strategic, timely and accurate preparation of weekly review of business cases related to renewal, closure, remodel, relocation and new openings.
- Global store portfolio optimization comparing different country, chain and business
- Daily coordination and optimization of the work with Construction team in order to align on projects key numbers
- Analyze, sensitize, and report on key financial metrics relating to Global Stores performance benchmarking actuals and vs budget targets identifying criticalities
- Develop, prepare and maintain monthly, quarterly and yearly reports as the store count, the retail capex consolidation, retail store portfolio and post audit in order to synthesize results to develop critical business insights
- Develop positive working relationships with functional partners across Global Business Units and Real Estate functions to foster a collaborative working environment with the goal of becoming a trusted advisor
NETWORK OF INTERACTION:
INTERNAL: Luxottica Brands (GM, controlling, OPS); Real Estate Functions + Store Construction (Nextore); Finance.
EXTERNAL: Consultants for Financials System; Consultants for Real Estate System
TECHNICAL SKILLS - PORTRAIT OF A PERFECT CANDIDATE:
- Educational Background in Economics, Engineering.
- At least 5-8 years of relavanti work experience.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills with a track record of execution against deliverables.
- Sound judgment and independent decision making are required.
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment and prioritize projects accordingly.
- Attention to detail and time - and project-management skills.
- Creativity, flexibility and openness to change.
- Strong relational skills to interact with different contexts.
Job Segment: Ophthalmic, Healthcare