Luxottica Group SpA
Oak Brook, IL, US, 60523
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
Oliver Peoples was founded in 1987 with the opening of its first boutique and subsequent launch of the original collection. From the beginning, Oliver Peoples had a passion for superior product, a distinctive culture rooted in California, and an obsession with service. These core values have remained at the foundation of the brand and endure today.
A part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, Oliver Peoples strives to be the most prestigious and culturally distinctive eyewear company in the world.
We are committed to excellence in service; our stylists and opticians assist customers in selecting that perfect frame.
The Optician creates exceptional value in the lives of customers by ensuring customers are always delighted by performing the key steps of our selling model. Develops the optical skills of others and create an effective learning environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conveys a commitment to providing unsurpassed Customer Service by performing the following Sales and Service Process steps:
- Ability to support problem solving and troubleshooting
- Will engage patients, customers and fellow associates with use of our technology to support experiences
- Leader in the location that sets the tone for customer service
- Serves as a center of excellence.
- Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying reasons for recurring customer problems; goes beyond symptoms to get at causes; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems.
- Shows patience and courtesy with customers; tracks down answers to unfamiliar questions or products.
- Assists co-workers who have questions or problems; cooperates readily in group efforts.
- Acts as a leader in optical acumen that provides a voice for associates due to their expertise.
- Educates the customer on guarantees and services including: Eyewear care tips, complimentary adjustments and follow-up services.
- Handles tasks, such as taking and recording measurements, adjusting or fitting eyewear carefully and correctly, is thorough and exact in details.
- Ensures finished eyewear meets optical standards and customer requirements/requests.
- Strives to achieve exceptional results that align with brand priorities.
- Takes personal ownership to achieve personal and store results.
- Serves as a role model for development and a technical resource for all.
- Operates the Point of Sale terminal inputting customer and prescription information with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Accurately operates the Point of Sale, when required, collecting proper payment following company security procedures and retaining proper change for a variety of transactions, such as credit cards, discounts, insurance and coupons.
- Shows customers where to pick-up their glasses upon return to the store.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the store and ensures visual displays are in accordance with Company provided planograms.
- Maintains safe working environment for all associates/customers. Inform management of any potential safety opportunities (broken tiles, furniture, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe work practices including the wearing of personal protection equipment in the lab.
- State licensure (if applicable) and/or ABO Certification in non-licensed states
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of current optical theory and merchandise
- Knowledge of current store merchandise assortment and use of Inventory management systems.
- Strong communicator and listener
- Awareness of current fashion trends
- Sales skills – ability to use and carry a IPAD / tablet
- Comfortable with use of technology to engage patients, customers and associates.
- Actively studying for Certification
- Optical dispensing experience
- Previous customer service and retail experience
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Fashion Retail, Retail Sales, Fashion, Retail