LensCrafters - Apprentice Optician
Luxottica Group SpA
LensCrafters - Apprentice Optician
Saratoga Springs, NY, US, 12866
Requisition ID: 824957
Store #: 001162 LensCrafters
LensCrafters is a place for visionaries. We’ve got a vision for pairing state-of-the-art technology with a truly personal approach to eye care. Everything we do is centered around sight. Because quality care helps us see the joy in life. Because learning from the best, makes us all better. Because continuing our legacy of the highest optical standards helps us innovate the future in optical care.
At LensCrafters, we want every person who enters our doors to feel our passion for care. And that's why we’re committed to taking care of you, so you can bring the best quality experience to our patients and customers.
LensCrafters is part of EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses.
The Apprentice Optician creates exceptional value in the lives of customers by delivering the LensCrafters Experience. Ensures customers are delighted by performing the key steps of our selling model.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conveys a commitment to providing unsurpassed Customer Service by performing the following Sales and Service Process steps:
- Greeting the Customer
- Explaining the Process in a transparent way
- Merchandise Selection
- Fitting - AccuFit
- Solve visual problems or challenges for customers
- Serves as a center of excellence for others with a focus on Right the First Time and modeling our CEE service and selling model.
- Assists the customer in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their vision, lifestyle and budgetary needs. Suggests improvements and recommends solutions to problems. Assists other retail associates with difficult and complex areas of customer product needs and prescriptions.
- Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying reasons for recurring customer problems; goes beyond symptoms to get at causes; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems.
- Shows patience and courtesy with customers; tracks down answers to unfamiliar questions or products.
- Educates the customer on LensCrafters’ guarantees and services including: Eyewear Protection Plan, eyewear care tips, complimentary adjustments and follow-up services.
- Handles tasks, such as taking and recording measurements, adjusting or fitting eyewear carefully and correctly, is thorough and exact in details.
- Ensures finished eyewear meets LensCrafters’ optical standards and customer requirements/requests.
- Strives to achieve “Exceptional Results” on LensCrafters’ annual CEI/Functional Skills that align with brand priorities.
- Takes personal ownership to achieve personal and store results.
- Serves as a role model for development and a technical resource for all.
- Operates the Point of Sale terminal inputting customer and prescription information with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Accurately operates the Point of Sale, when required, collecting proper payment following company security procedures and retaining proper change for a variety of transactions.
- Explains to the customers “One Hour” processing and expected delivery times.
- Shows customers where to pick-up their glasses upon return to the store.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the store and ensures visual displays are in accordance with Company provided planograms.
- Maintains safe working environment for all associates/customers. Inform management of any potential safety opportunities (broken tiles, furniture, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe work practices including the wearing of personal protection equipment in the lab.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Part of a sanctioned Apprentice Program
- Strong customer service skills: communicator, listener and team builder
- Knowledge of current optical theory and merchandise
- Knowledge of current store merchandise
- Strong basic math skills
- Awareness of current fashion trends
- Sales and service skills
- Familiarity with POS, computers and calculators
- Embrace new technology and change
- Actively studying for LensCrafters Quality, Fitting and Adjusting Program
- Optical dispensing experience
- Previous customer service and retail experience
Pay Range: $14.83 - $21.67
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Albany
Job Segment: Fashion Retail, Retail Sales, Ophthalmic, Fashion, Retail, Healthcare