LensCrafters - Optometric Tech Supervisor
Luxottica Group SpA
LensCrafters - Optometric Tech Supervisor
Oak Brook, IL, US, 60523
Requisition ID: 826259
Store #: 000686 LensCrafters
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
At LensCrafters, we're passionate about bringing people better sight. And it takes thousands of people from all backgrounds to do this.
By joining our team, you'll learn about the optical industry while developing the customer service and sales techniques needed to grow in your career.
LensCrafters is the largest optical retailer in North America with 1,000+ stores and as part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, our higher standard of quality has made LensCrafters a leader in vision care for over 35 years.
Create exceptional value in the lives of our patients by delivering the LensCrafters Experience. Partner with the Managing Doctor (OD) to ensure all patients receive the highest quality Optometric care. Deliver the store’s key performance indicators by integrating the Patient/Customer Journey and ensuring flawless execution of the patient experience/behaviors and seamlessly link the doctor and retail functions together.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure associate behaviors are in place to consistently exceed OD NPS (Net Promoter Score), patient retention, exam and contact lens growth
- Consistently communicate importance of an annual eye exam; deliver best in class TAB (The Appointment Book) performance
- Attract new patients to the practice
- Lead through the OD labor model, assign someone to Pre-test patients to deliver the best patient flow for a positive patient experience
- Greet patients with a geniune positive attitude without delay when patient enters
- Promptly answer the telephone in a friendly and courteous manner
- Explain all required paperwork, tests, insurance benefits, products/services and timeframe
- Ensure that NEE (Next Eye Exam) calls are made daily
- Ensure scheduled patients are contacted and reminded of appointments within 24 hours of exam time, no shows are called within 20 minutes of scheduled appointment
- Collect all patient data in TAB; prepare patient charts the night before
- Perform assessment, Contact lens insertion, removal and patient care training
- Responsible for training/certifying all newly hired doctor’s office associates
- Observe and coach on quality of assessment
- Responsible for ordering contact lens trials in advance of need and ensure all stock are valid (not expired)
- Coach and model how to present annual supplies of contacts to patients
- Assist in recruiting/selecting high caliber doctor support staff
- Ensure doctor office supplies are ordered timely
- Ensure Physician referral log is accurately maintained
- Provide associate scheduling feedback to the Managing Doctor and Store Manager
- Display patience and courtesy to indecisive or difficult patients and staff
- Perform work accurately and thoroughly despite time pressure and patient volume
- Process, maintain and file patient records in an organized, efficient manner in accordance with HIPAA
- Collect and capture all patient and prescription information, along with exam fees into Point of Sale system
- Take pride in appearance of the office; ensure OD visuals align with brand guidelines
- Aware of and champion store promotions and share with doctor support staff
- Ensure office is clean and free of clutter at all times
- Deliver clear, motivating and constructive feedback in a timely manner to ensure associates are exhibiting right behaviors
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Patient service; strong interpersonal skills
- Leadership; coaching skills
- Problem solving ability
- Sales skills
- Strong communicator and listener
- Ability to manage time effectively and problem solve
- Strong organizational skills and prioritization
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience in customer service, retail and/or optical
- Two years of optical or supervisory experience
- Demonstrate good ophthalmic lens product knowledge
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Patient Care, Manager, Ophthalmic, Optometry, Healthcare, Management