Project Manager-R&D Dallas
Luxottica Group SpA
Project Manager-R&D Dallas
Dallas, TX, US, 75234
Requisition ID: 825808
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
Implement product and service innovations conceived by Research and Development, R & D categories and global marketing, validated by global engineering and global quality, supplied to our customers via our subsidiaries and businesses.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project managers in NPPD are responsible for leading very diverse and large cross-functional teams in the Americas region Latam/Canada/US (could be up to 100 team members across operations/marketing/engineering/operations/IT/finance and business/commercial) teams to deliver Optical products and vision care innovations.
- Project managers manage resources, schedules and adhere to stage gate processes/guidelines and deliverables.
- Project manager is expected to need minimal guidance, has the network/authority/experience and skills to run specific regional projects autonomously.
- Project manager are seen as experienced leaders and have global view of the optical don't have project managers reporting into them for global projects.
- Ability to manage individual projects that could be complex.
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication in project steering committees.
- Manage full project cycle sometimes starting at concept, implementation from initiation to deployment.
- Maintain and setup project management central database (Atlas), monthly updates, update of planning and other activities to support good PMO practices. Also, maintain monthly dashboards for workstream in US as well as meeting minutes/updating planning on a regular basis.
- Follow Stage Gate Process and deliverables.
- Identify and communicate risks, scope changes and create actionable mitigation plans.
- Assemble project teams based on unique resource needs of each project with minimal guidance from Senior PM or Director.
- Participate in internal projects to create, improve or simplify processes.
- Execute high quality documentation in accordance with our Stage gate process and PMP best
Practices, Project Charter, Macro/Detailed planning, Risk analyses, sustainability, assessment, compliance legal documents, monthly syntheses, meeting minutes, stage gate deliverables. Etc.
- Manage go to market teams in US referred to as a workstream (marketing, sales, implementation, operations, engineering, IT)
- Possess a Basic understanding of interdependencies between technologies/operations and business needs in the optical industry.
- Bachelor Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- High level of proficiency with MS project, Excel, PowerPoint and Google equivalent versions
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous environment, ability to collaborate across multiple departments of the organization in order to achieve common business objectives.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change and gain buy-in from sponsors, teams stakeholders, and peers.
- Proven ability to direct project teams.
- 1-2 years’ experience in optical industry, and two + years managing projects or programs.
- International travel required.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be extremely resourceful
- Prefer three + years Project management experience, working with cross-functional departments.
- PMP project management professional certification is highly desired
- Ability to speak French, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese is a plus.
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain, Marketing Manager, Supply, Ophthalmic, Operations, Marketing, Healthcare