Luxottica Group SpA
Dudley, MA, US, 01571
Requisition ID: 825400
Store #: E01928 Eng - Thermplstic & Laminate DUDL
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
Gentex Optics is part of EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Dudley, MA facility is home to Operations, Global Lens Engineering, and Research and Development teams that work together to develop, pilot and manufacture, semi-finished, polycarbonate lenses for premium markets. We also supply coatings, inks, inserts and other innovative products to customers throughout the world.
Our team members bring our mission to life each and every day by helping people see a brighter world.
Lead and manage the tooling activities including ideation, design, vendor selection, fabrication, validation, and project support for Global Engineering Thermoplastics activities..
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the ideation and design activities for development of tools for ophthalmic products. This includes brainstorming, risk analysis, customer feedback and manufacturability considerations.
- In collaboration with internal partners create, review and update a 3-5 year tooling roadmap for manufacture of injection molded ophthalmic lenses
- Conduct in-depth analysis for development and debugging of tools using FEA packages for thermal, mechanical, and material flow evaluation
- Create detailed 2D drawings and 3D models for Engineering and procurement purposes
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and Engineering for all tooling related activities
- Keep abreast with the state-of-the-art in tooling related to injection molding of ophthalmic lenses
- Support manufacturing plants on tooling related topics
- Create, review and update engineering and support documents as required per quality systems
- Provide training and coaching on best practices for tool design, validation, and implementation
- Support and lead engineering projects as needed
- Supervise tooling activities across the thermoplastics domain
- Participate and lead design review meetings as required
- Support 5S policies while working in GE MP platform
- Perform other duties as assigned or as required
- BS in engineering with 5-10 years of design / tooling related experience or MS with 3-5 years deign / tooling experience
- Broad understanding of mechanical engineering and tool design
- Excellent proficiency in 3D modeling using SolidWorks, AutoCAD, ProE, Creo, etc..
- A hands-on experience in measurements, stack-tolerances, assembly and debugging of injection molds
- A strong background in the inter-dependency between machining of tools, metal properties (including thermal), part/runner/gate design, dimensional tolerances, and the injection molding process
- Experience in vendor-relationship with tool manufacturers
- A good understanding of Risk Analysis, FMEA and Design of Experiments approach to tool development and problem solving
- A strong background in data manipulation, specifically on statistics of process capabilities and the relationship between tooling and injection molding process.
- Proven capability to collaborate across cultural/language, differing opinions, and geographical boundaries is essential for this position
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A good understanding of project management from a tooling-development perspective
- 3-5 years deign / tooling experience (Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- A good understanding or hands-on experience with FEA packages such as MoldFlow, ANSYS, is a plus
- Experience in automation/manufacturing. General understanding of interplay between tool/part design and its impact on automation from molding to packaging is a plus
- Experience with data analysis is beneficial
- A background in injection molding of ophthalmic lenses is not required, however is a plus
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Job Segment: Facilities, Procurement, Supply, Ophthalmic, Operations, Healthcare