Oakley - Optician
Luxottica Group SpA
Oakley - Optician
Merrimack, NH, US, 3054
Requisition ID: 826131
Store #: 00B157 Merrimack Premium Outlets
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
Join Team Oakley and be part of a team that pushes the boundaries of performance in sport and fuels the drive of athletes. Oakley offers products and technologies designed to meet the performance needs of the world's best athletes, enabling them to compete at the highest level possible.
The Optician fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames. The Optician also supports and assists the Management team in achieving all customer service and sales goals by learning and maintaining knowledge of the policies and procedures necessary for opening, closing, and operating the store.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames.
- Utilizes optical prescription, evaluates prescription in conjunction with customer's visual requirements.
- Recommends specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit customer needs.
- Assists customers in the selection of frames and coordinates frames with optical measurements and prescriptions.
- Conducts measurements of bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance and optical centers using appropriate tools.
- Provides optical service to customers as required by State law.
- Delivers excellent customer service and demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Achieves high levels of sales performance and results.
- Partners with store management team to support the retail sales team, encourages a winning-attitude and enables the team to meet or exceed sales goals and achieve consistently high levels of customer service.
- Assists the store team in maintaining the store's visual objectives and housekeeping standards by straightening merchandise and assisting with floor and fixture changes.
- Any other tasks as assigned by any member of management.
- ABO Certification
- 1+ years of retail sales experience within a specialty environment
- Knowledge of current optical theory and practices
- Optical dispensing experience
- Availability to work a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to open and/or close the store, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written), including strong relationship building skills
- Ability to be on your feet most of the day or moving on the sales floor or stock room
- Ability to maneuver merchandise and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Physical activities include engaging in repetitive motions, bending, kneeling, twisting, stretching, squatting, pushing, pulling, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, reaching and/or using a step stool on a frequent basis
- Knowledge of Oakley, Inc. and Oakley products
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and sports-minded individual
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Job Segment: Retail Sales, Housekeeping, Ophthalmic, Retail, Healthcare