Target Optical - Apprentice Optician
Luxottica Group SpA
Target Optical - Apprentice Optician
Smyrna, TN, US, 37167
Requisition ID: 826491
Store #: 002220 Target Optical
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
At Target Optical, we are on a mission to be the ally that WOW's! all families shopping at Target, by offering an easy and inspiring optical experience, no matter when, where or how they shop - and having a blast while doing it!
We offer flexible work schedules and competitive compensation packages including medical & dental benefits, employee discounts on eyewear, tuition reimbursement and paid time off. At Target Optical, we pride ourselves on building a culture where we focus and invest in people. We are a fast-growing brand and are looking for people who are passionate, enthusiastic and growth oriented. And because we are part of eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, there is plenty of opportunities to grow your career within Target Optical and beyond.
The Apprentice Optician drives profitable sales growth, attracts and retains guests for life by delivering exceptional Guest service. This is accomplished through development of a positive and productive retail-selling environment that ensures premier Guest Service, Guest retention, as well as outstanding Optical Team/Doctor satisfaction.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives profitable store sales by fostering a retail selling culture by practicing and role-playing effective retail sales skills.
- Develops professional business relationships with other Team Members.
- Verifies visual acuity.
- Analyzes and interprets prescriptions and lens design.
- Measures pupillary distances, bifocal, trifocal and progressive placement.
- Selects and measures frame for facial contour, eye size, bridge size and temple length.
- Fits and adjusts eyewear to the face and eyes.
- Dispenses contact lenses.
- Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames, utilizing optical prescription, within the guidelines established by the state.
- Ensures high quality/timely product manufacturing/fabrication.
- Dispenses quality product, within the guidelines established by the state.
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Actively enrolled in a state approved Optician Apprentice program
- 2+ years in retail or customer service position
- Basic computer skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Ability to grow sales through sales skills
- Enthusiastic and concise communication
- Attention to detail
- Associates Degree
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Nashville
Job Segment: Retail Sales, Ophthalmic, Retail, Healthcare