Human Resources Business Partner
Luxottica Group SpA
Human Resources Business Partner
CA, V6V 1P1
Essilor is an international company and the leading provider of eyeglass lenses in the world. Our mission is improving lives by improving sight, and we work every day to bring good vision to the 4.5 billion people around the globe in need of visual correction. Our products are worn by one billion people daily in 130 countries. Essilor Canada employs more than 1,000 visionaries nationwide throughout its 30 locations.
Join our team as a Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP) for the Vancouver region based at out Vancouver, British Columbia and be a visionary. Pave the way to a brighter future, both for yourself and all Canadians needing visual correction.
You will work closely as a strategic HRBP with all Directors and Managers of the region in regards to all HR aspects to inspire our organization with our principles and values and enriched by our heritage and culture, ensure the company retain and attract the best talents by providing an engaging work environment and contributing to the growth and performance of the organization.
Reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources Business Partners of Operations, who is located in Montreal, you will play a counselling role to managers and employees of the main warehouses, logistics and operations activities; a non-unionized group of approximately over 100 employees within the Vancouver and western locations. The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will ensure compliance with applicable legislation and HR programs, policies and procedures. The HRBP will support the business and managers to influence the organization’s decisions by anticipating and measuring core human resources management activities for the benefit of our employees and the organizational effectiveness (performance management, employee engagement, talent development, labour relations, training, recruitment, etc.).
Your main challenges
- Provide coaching to Managers and Supervisors on a variety of HR activities, including managing our principles and values, employee engagement, employee training & development, performance management, attendance and absenteeism, health and safety and compensation administration;
- Promote and communicate HR management programs, policies and procedures;
- Apply legislation regarding the HR function in the production centre (Labour law, Human Rights, Health & Safety, Labour Relations, etc.);
- Play an active role in talent development programs, internal personnel transfers and promotions;
- Support all Managers in the succession planning for all High Potentials;
- Ensure compliance with our principles and values and support Managers with HR programs, policies and procedures to facilitate the achievement of business objectives and promoting our mission and principles and values;
- Coordinate the staffing and recruiting activities; analyze the needs of the departmental managers, develop the recruiting strategy for each mandate and work with the talent acquisition team to acquire the right talent with the right profile and skillsets required according to business needs ;
- Support the orientation and onboarding program for all new employees and supports the immediate superiors in that regard to ensure the optimal employee experience;
- Actively participate in promoting our mission and values to drive engagement and to promote a culture of performance;
- Participate in HR team projects and transfer results to the respectful region;
- Participate in employee relations projects to support the organization’s strategic vision and principles and values (improvement of the work atmosphere, recognition programs, health promotion, etc.);
- Coordinate termination activities and outplacement services.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar Human Resources Business Partnership role in a medium/large company
- Experience in warehouse, distribution and production work environment required
- Works effectively with Microsoft Office and Internet search vehicles
- Knowledge on SAP applications: SuccessFactors is an asset
- Knowledge on ADP applications : WorkforceNow is an asset
- Great communication skills, optimal understanding of a counselling role, strong ability to listen and problem solve, customer service oriented
- Capacity to work within a team as well as independently. Works well at all levels within the organization and a great proactive decision maker.
- Ability to deal with information and delicate situations with the utmost confidentiality, tact and professionalism
- English, written and spoken (French is an asset)
Why work with us?
At Essilor Canada, diversity is one of our most important values. If you have any particular needs, don’t hesitate to contact us and we will work with you at each step of the recruitment process to ensure that you feel at home.