Operations - Group Lead Surfacing (1st shift)
Luxottica Group SpA
Operations - Group Lead Surfacing (1st shift)
St. Cloud, MN, US, 56303
Requisition ID: 826748
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
You and another Group lead will support a Supervisor overseeing some 45 Lab Technicians. You will act as a resource, helping train group members and resolve issues. You'll also contribute to interviewing candidates, providing feedback, supporting performance management and more.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We'll provide training, but change will be ongoing, and your own role may evolve. We're looking for adaptable and flexible people who can excel in a fast-paced production environment. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Group Lead, you will:
- Bring a proactive approach to learning and getting up to speed quickly.
- Support our commitment to getting Quality Right the First Time.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Remain flexible and adaptable as processes change.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workspace.
- Bring a commitment to our mission and goals.
To be a good fit for the Group Lead opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 to 3 years of related work experience, such as in production or distribution. Experience in optical lab settings is strongly preferred, and experience with optical finishing would be ideal.
- Experience in lead roles, including helping the team stay on track, resolving issues, etc.
- A demonstrated high level of professionalism.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability and willingness to learn.
- Basic math skills, including addition, subtraction and decimal sequencing.
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Depth perception and manual dexterity
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Attention to detail.
You need to know:
- This position requires that you stand and walk for the duration of any shift.
- You'll work with and around chemicals.
- You'll need to be able to lift and move up to 15 lbs. to waist height on a regular basis.
- We are customer driven, so we'll look to you to be flexible about working overtime as needed, possibly including weekends.
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: St Cloud
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Ophthalmic, Supply Chain, Supply, Operations, Healthcare