RxO - Maintenance Technician (2nd shift)
Luxottica Group SpA
RxO - Maintenance Technician (2nd shift)
St. Cloud, MN, US, 56303
Requisition ID: 826744
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
GENERAL FUNCTIONThe Maintenance Technician maintains, troubleshoots and repairs maintenance of all facility equipment, which includes general facility maintenance and construction.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs preventative maintenance on facility equipment as outlined in schedule; troubleshoots and repairs maintenance equipment to maintain manufacturing schedules and/or needs.
- Completes general facility maintenance, i.e. plumbing, HVAC, electrical, mechanical or PLC as needed.
- Disassembles, cleans, and repairs all equipment both mechanically and electrically.
- Performs minor electronic repair, calibration, and alignment to equipment; ensure proper daily set-up and calibration of equipment.
- Enters and analyzes all maintenance data.
- Tracks preventative maintenance, orders, and other equipment/tool activities in Megamations.
- Assists the maintenance team leader in the training of manufacturing and maintenance associates.
- Aids the total quality facilitator in the implementation of process improvements.
- Must be reliable in attendance and punctuality, including breaks and lunch periods.
- Supports, follows, and monitors all safety requirements and provide immediate feedback to all/anywhere necessary.
- Maintains adherence to company policies.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed.
- High school diploma or GED and one year related experience
- Experience in highly automated manufacturing, lean manufacturing/continuous flow operations
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot equipment issues using electrical schematics, multimeters, equipment manuals
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve issues by working remotely with vendors, contractors, and suppliers
- Basic PC knowledge and math skills
- Must know and follow safety procedures and standards including Lock-Out/Tag-Out.
- Physical demands include the ability to lift 50-100 lbs., continuous walking or standing, frequent lifting from waist, shoulder and overhead
- Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years related experience
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: St Cloud
Job Segment: Ophthalmic, Facilities, Supply Chain, Supply, HVAC, Healthcare, Operations